Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy?
Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy?
Do you think that Christians are trying to overthrow democracy and replace it with Christian theocracy or is that just overblown?

Of course, these are sometimes called Christian Nationalists because many Christians are for democracy, but then there are those like Mike Pence and Amy Coney Barrett who are considered to be corporate theocrats.

For instance, days after the November 2016 election, Jeremy Scahill wrote that Trump is “a Trojan horse for a cabal of vicious zealots who have long craved an extremist Christian theocracy, and Pence is one of its most prized warriors.”

So it's not just a small number of Christianits that want to overthrow democracy when they were able to implement the VP.

He also quoted Jeff Sharlet, author of two books on the radical religious right in saying: “The enemy, to them, is secularism. They want a God-led government. That’s the only legitimate government. So when they speak of business, they’re speaking not of something separate from God, but they’re speaking of what, in Mike Pence’s circles, would be called biblical capitalism, the idea that this economic system is God-ordained.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/15/mike...s-history/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy?
Yes, they are. But it doesn't have to be a "theocracy", Stalin and Hitler pandered to a majority Christian base to gain power. And even Cuba is a Catholic majority even today. Religion is always useful to the powerful.
Since when have they NOT tried to turn the US into a theocracy?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
*looks at Amy Coney Barrett*

Yes?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Christards want nothing less.
Ever seen The Handmaids Tale?

Scary shit, that....
(October 5, 2020 at 4:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Since when have they NOT tried to turn the US into a theocracy?

Boru

The Nixon era?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
There's never been much distance between us and a theocracy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 5, 2020 at 4:07 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Do you think that Christians are trying to overthrow democracy and replace it with Christian theocracy or is that just overblown?

Of course, these are sometimes called Christian Nationalists because many Christians are for democracy, but then there are those like Mike Pence and Amy Coney Barrett who are considered to be corporate theocrats.

For instance, days after the November 2016 election, Jeremy Scahill wrote that Trump is “a Trojan horse for a cabal of vicious zealots who have long craved an extremist Christian theocracy, and Pence is one of its most prized warriors.”

So it's not just a small number of Christianits that want to overthrow democracy when they were able to implement the VP.

He also quoted Jeff Sharlet, author of two books on the radical religious right in saying: “The enemy, to them, is secularism. They want a God-led government. That’s the only legitimate government. So when they speak of business, they’re speaking not of something separate from God, but they’re speaking of what, in Mike Pence’s circles, would be called biblical capitalism, the idea that this economic system is God-ordained.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/15/mike...s-history/

Certain christians are, such as the slavery advocating southern baptists or the opus dei and related groups in catholic circles. And most mainstream christian organisations wouldn't object to a theocracy, at least up until their leaderships are carted off to a KZ.

Which is the ironic thing about a US theocracy, most of its victims will be christians because either they'll not be members of the right sect or, if they are, they either won't jesus hard enough or they'll do something proscribed by the Leader.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
....trying?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1439 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 570 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2554 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2475 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2545 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2830 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3049 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1527 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is Trump trying to piss black people off? Jehanne 31 4770 January 17, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Republicunts Turn Against the CBO Minimalist 3 620 July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Joods