Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicunts Come Out In Favor OF Domestic Spying
What a surprise.... the party of "small government" is full of shit.  How could we have known!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/republic...hone-data/

Quote:Republicans move to extend Patriot Act provision that allows NSA to collect phone data
RE: Republicunts Come Out In Favor OF Domestic Spying
Disgusting how they fetishize "original intent" even as they work to dismantle it at every turn.

Yeah, but that's a conservative fetish all around the world. Often times it seems to me that 9/11 and the ensuing cut in civil liberties was a long held conservative dream come true. They always dreamt of knowing exactly what everybody's up to. Makes it easier to shit on citizen's heads without being cought in the process.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
that's a terrifying desire to be controlled 24/7, much in line with the concept of the celestial voyeur known as god

it's scary anyone would want this, and even scarier that they could bring it to life
Yeah - as Doonesbury depicted in 2001.

[Image: 47c45190bf75012d63f600163e41dd5b]
(April 23, 2015 at 3:59 pm)abaris Wrote: Yeah, but that's a conservative fetish all around the world. Often times it seems to me that 9/11 and the ensuing cut in civil liberties was a long held conservative dream come true. They always dreamt of knowing exactly what everybody's up to. Makes it easier to shit on citizen's heads without being cought in the process.

They wasted no time taking advantage of a golden opportunity. Politicizing the deaths of 3,000 people .... one more reason to hate politicians of all stripes.  B aware, many, many Democrats too voted away some of our rights in order to be "more patriotic than thou."

(April 23, 2015 at 4:54 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: B aware, many, many Democrats too voted away some of our rights in order to be "more patriotic than thou."

As far as I know, all but one. But from my European perspective they're conservatives too. Many of the repubs on the other hand come over as some fascist/anarchist hybrid with a tendency for religious bigotry as the cherry on top.

But I'm speaking as a European. And here the conservatives are the main driving force behind cutting civil liberties in the name of fighting terror.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well, the appeal to patriotism is a fallacy practiced by most all politicians I've ever seen.

(April 23, 2015 at 12:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How could we have known!

Well I thought Dubya came up with the unpatriot act.
Thus demonstrating the point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1846 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 823 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11043 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Political caricature: come, post and share. WinterHold 73 4829 November 3, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 975 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 279115 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 1890 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 524 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 786 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2799 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89