Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words fail me.
Words fail me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXespwyiefY

Starting a few minutes in, this guy flatly defends pedophilia.

Well at least the girl and her uncle have some sense.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Words fail me.
That is one smart little girl, great that she was able to escape

It seriously worries me that there are people willing to defend marrying off little kids in this day and age... and even more that many of those kids don't have anyone to turn to for help
"It's a cultural thing, don't butt in"
(April 30, 2015 at 10:26 am)pocaracas Wrote: "It's a cultural thing, don't butt in"
Oh when people argue that

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yes because the right to marry your kid off against their will "because culture" always outweighs their right to education, freedom and a childhood...
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

That Muslim's ignorance of the world was apparent when he stated and repeated that the Vatican allowed marriage at whatever age.
He doesn't seem to understand that whatever the Vatican says does not matter - it does not have the force of law.

And his listing of legal marriage ages was all erroneous.  It was just possible that he was lying. Dodgy
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
This is why religions oppose education generally. Keep the masses free of the pull of inquiry, and they will trust that whatever their leader, or anyone in a leadership position says is true. Then, so long as they, are inured from outside influence, they can say whatever they like regardless of whether it has any basis in fact. This guy likely believes he is right, anyhow. God's messenger and all that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's not like there's a thing called "Children's rights"
  • Freedom of speech
  • Freedom of thought
  • Freedom from fear
  • Freedom of choice and the right to make decisions
  • Ownership over one's body
Quote:Parents do not have absolute power over their children. Parents are subject to criminal laws against abandonment, abuse, and neglect of children. International human rights law provides that manifestation of one's religion may be limited in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

Now... enforcing "international law" on muslim theocracies and similar... that might be tricky.
Upholding a tradition for tradition's sake is not a good excuse, and I rlly don't care what the vatican says about anything. People need to learn that women are good for more than childbearing. Marrying someone off before they even reach adulthood, and find out who they really are in life, is horrible. You know it's wrong when you have to lie to a child, and say that it's just a game.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The scholar is a monster - Why someone would support the idea of marrying your 10 year old child is a mystery to me. This is very clichê to say but romantic and sexual relationships, specially marriage, require a degree of maturity and personal will. I cannot imagine how harmful it must be for a 10 year old to be married at that age, or why her father would allow such atrocity just because it's tradition.

Personally I think 18 is a fine age to get married (legally) but 16 year old should be allowed with parental consent.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Yeah I've seen that before, it blew me away. That little girl is one of the most switched-on people I've ever seen, and she was barely in double digits in the video.
The scholar, on the other hand, is one of the creepiest, and certainly one of the most arrogant. Probably used to always being listened to and obeyed his whole life, getting his intellectual arse handed to him by a child has to sting the old ego a bit.
Fuckin' nonce.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerful words from Israeli-Arab reporter Lucy Aharish mralstoner 13 3296 November 3, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  AsiaAir recorder last words. Was it Allah Akbar? professor 7 1984 January 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  Why Islam will fail long term. Brian37 14 5183 November 12, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  O non muslims keep these words in mind, Peaceful Islam 47 12906 April 1, 2013 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen