Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korean minister of defense executed
North Korean minister of defense executed
According to news sources, Kim Jong Un has ordered the execution of his minister of defense "for falling asleep at official functions and for disagreeing with the Leader".
Not that the victim probably cares much, but the method could be called "unusual".

Who knows what the real reasons are. I still don't get why no one assassinates this guy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ma...gun-report
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: North Korean minister of defense executed
(May 13, 2015 at 3:46 am)Alex K Wrote: According to news sources, Kim Jong Un has ordered the execution of his minister of defense "for falling asleep at official functions and for disagreeing with the Leader".

Who knows what the real reasons are. I still don't get why no one assassinates this guy.

Because the religious can point to him as why when "atheist rulers" get control, they become abusive dictators.  Every religious leader in the world probably secretly cheer that this guy exists, because they can strawman the crap out of so many arguments using him (and his father before him).

That's my theory anyway.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I'm talking from within the leadership. If there are so many purges, I wonder how far the remaining friends of his dad are away from trying to.get rid of him.

Also, an anti aircraft gun? Is he getting bored and looking for new ways of entertainment, good grief.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(May 13, 2015 at 3:46 am)Alex K Wrote: Who knows what the real reasons are. I still don't get why no one assassinates this guy.

Because he and his ancestors are like gods to his people. A friend and work collegue of mine travelled to North Korea the other year and visited the burial site of the Kims. People go there in masses. Not because they have to, although that happens with organised groups, but because they really want to.

Never underestimate indoctrination. The Kims have set up a religion, centered on their own persons. And it's even more sophisticated than the tricks Stalin, Hitler or Mao pulled, since the Kims use ancient Korean lore to their advantage.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have no problem believing that the masses have this kind of indoctrination. Don't they also believe that they are the master race or something? I was rather thinking about the higher-ups who can't possibly be buying into the divinity thing and might fear to be the next ones to receive a cosmetic makeover with heavy artillery.

I always take news relating to DPRK with 'a grain of salt' as they say. Some of it is just too ridiculous. And I know there has been lots of media sensationalism around DPRK in the past because in the West it's fun to poke fun at DPRK. Inevitably, religionists will latch on stories such as this one.. Sad really.

What's your grain of salt in this case? You don't think they really killed him with a cannon? Or you don't think they executed him at all.

At least it's quick, no bloody but intack body twitching on the ground.

Besides, what else can the 1940 vintage AA guns that North Korea still like to parade around in a medieval show of might  actually hit these days?
Because everyone under him is scared shitless. Having said that Un is nutty enough he just might do that one too many times to the wrong person/family. If he studied Roman history he'd know Cesars got murdered by rivals all the time. He's a fucking dumbass.

This is the typical tactic of a dictator. Funny thing is Hitchens who hated sick fucks like him, rightfully pointed out the god character of the bible acts much the same way. Is fine with his followers as long as they kiss his ass, can watch everything you do without your permission, but step out of line, you are dead. At least with Un once you die you are not tortured forever.
(May 13, 2015 at 3:46 am)Alex K Wrote: According to news sources, Kim Jong Un has ordered the execution of his minister of defense "for falling asleep at official functions and for disagreeing with the Leader".
Not that the victim probably cares much, but the method could be called "unusual".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ma...gun-report

No one assassinated this guy probably because it takes a conspiracy close to Kim to do so.    In an culture of informants no one can trust anyone else enough in North Korea to attempt to form any sort of conspiracy close to Kim. 

Clearly Kim is working hard to rid this government of any official whose past or current posting might give him some form of power base and network of protégés which can support any conspiracy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 754 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New UK prime minister: Liz Truss zebo-the-fat 4 759 September 7, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1614 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  17 Million Mink to be executed Foxaèr 9 400 November 6, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2167 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 572 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US Defense Secretary Mattis Quits BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2780 December 22, 2018 at 6:34 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1768 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Australia - New Prime Minister by the end of Today? fromdownunder 28 1846 August 26, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Democrats Don't Fight Massive Defense Budget Increase at ALL The Industrial Atheist 23 3699 June 24, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Chad32