Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Canadian.
Ask a Canadian.
I wanna do one!

I'm not from Canuckistan. But I have questions. So do you, probably. Let's do this.

What do you think of NAFTA? Is it doing your country any good?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Ask a Canadian.
Why are all your hockey teams out of the playoffs?
(May 15, 2015 at 10:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why are all your hockey teams out of the playoffs?

Ooohh... Burn.

My hockey team is out of the playoffs, too. Confused
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
So do we actually know if there are any Canadians here? This might take a while
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
Maybe the thread should be called, "Find a Canadian"
I haven't the foggiest clue, really. I'mjust an attention whore tonight.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I wish we had one of these for Australians.
I just have so many questions.  Tongue
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
Maybe we should put out an ad for a Canadian to join the forum. It's hard to believe that we don't have any members from there.
NZers are a curiosity to me. Especially vis a vis Aussies.
(May 15, 2015 at 10:45 pm)dahrling Wrote: I wish we had one of these for Australians.
I just have so many questions.  Tongue

Do they have to do handstands to prevent the blood rushing to their heads all the time?

I can't wait to ask a Djiboutian what living in a single party semi presidential republic on the border with Ethiopia with a population of 810,179 is like
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin