Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "I saw Jesus" claim
Another "I saw Jesus" claim
Quote:Doctors can’t seem to explain it, but one Texas family is sure it was the hand of God that brought their son back to life.

17-year-old Zack Clements is a strong, healthy and outgoing high school athlete. He goes to school and plays football at Victory Life Academy in Brownwood, Texas.

It was there last week the teen suddenly collapsed while running in P.E. class.

He was rushed to the hospital where doctors worked to revive him.

According to Clements, “they said I was without a heart beat for 20 minutes.”

When doctors finally got a pulse, Clements was airlifted to Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth.  He would wake up there in the intensive care unit days later.

His recovery has been hard to believe, but even more amazing is the story he tells of what he saw when his heart stopped beating.

“When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard, and it didn’t take me long to realize that that was Jesus,” he said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/05/14/texas-teen-says-he-saw-jesus-before-being-revived/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Another "I saw Jesus" claim
(May 16, 2015 at 6:21 pm)Kitan Wrote:
Quote:Doctors can’t seem to explain it, but one Texas family is sure it was the hand of God that brought their son back to life.

17-year-old Zack Clements is a strong, healthy and outgoing high school athlete. He goes to school and plays football at Victory Life Academy in Brownwood, Texas.

When doctors finally got a pulse, Clements was airlifted to Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth.  He would wake up there in the intensive care unit days later.

His recovery has been hard to believe, but even more amazing is the story he tells of what he saw when his heart stopped beating.

“When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard, and it didn’t take me long to realize that that was Jesus,” he said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/05/14/texas-teen-says-he-saw-jesus-before-being-revived/

Maybe. Maybe not. I'd be skeptical about this if I were you, Kitan. 
Sure, fuck the doctors and their years of study and dedication. A hallucination of a somehow white ancient Middle Eastern possibly fictional deluded rabbi is the real reason he's alive.
Quote:When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard

Maybe he died and went to a ZZ Top show.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 16, 2015 at 6:21 pm)Kitan Wrote:

Thinking Nope hallucinations moving on. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
If mindfarts would stink, the air would be unbreathable.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'm just as skeptical about this story as anyone here, but just out of curiosity, all of you (presumably) rely on science to provide all the answers, so how is it that you are able to rush to judgment concerning this claim without the benefit of actually researching it carefully?

What facts do you have that enable you to reach your conclusion?
(May 16, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: What facts do you have that enable you to reach your conclusion?

I am naturally going to be skeptical when the individual in question makes a hearsay claim with no evidence to support stated claim.  To blindly believe in the claim is to be utterly ignorant.  
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 16, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: I'm just as skeptical about this story as anyone here, but just out of curiosity, all of you (presumably) rely on science to provide all the answers, so how is it that you are able to rush to judgment concerning this claim without the benefit of actually researching it carefully?

Uh, what conclusion? That the kid hallucinated? He sorta said it himself
(May 16, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: I'm just as skeptical about this story as anyone here, but just out of curiosity, all of you (presumably) rely on science to provide all the answers, so how is it that you are able to rush to judgment concerning this claim without the benefit of actually researching it carefully?

I don't rely on science for every answer in my life. That's why it reads agnostic next to my nick. My fundamental claim is not knowing everything and probably spend a lifetime with not knowing. I'm pretty comfortable with that, since I'm convinved that the christian god claim, or any other god claim known to men, is wrong and doesn't fly under any circumstances. But that would be an entirely different topic.

As for the claim in the OP: See above. There are so many pseudo afterlife experiences flying around that you can virtually make your pick according to your personal brand and flavor.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Constantine likely saw. Jehanne 19 2671 January 3, 2018 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics Romney 8 2120 August 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4234 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7199 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Catholicism: "Our Teachings have never changed" claim Vox 21 4807 June 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Strongbad
  Q: do you, Christian, claim that God exists, rather than you believe that he exists? fr0d0 210 41553 February 28, 2014 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Bible is the claim, not the evidence Bad Writer 299 81025 February 27, 2014 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Another Fuckhead for "Jesus" Minimalist 8 2365 January 29, 2014 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Assimilate
  "Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?" Minimalist 9 3590 December 11, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Employment Tribunal throws out religious discrimination claim bozo 5 2092 August 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger