Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask A Musically Inclined Irish Ex-pat Kiwi With A Farming Background
Ask A Musically Inclined Irish Ex-pat Kiwi With A Farming Background
I exist only to serve.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Ask A Musically Inclined Irish Ex-pat Kiwi With A Farming Background
How do I get you to make me a resonator and have it sent to Ohio for free?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
What musical instrument do you play? And what type of music do you play?

Why did you leave Ireland?

Why did you move to New Zealand?

Why did you stop farming?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
What sort of footwear do you recommend for sheep shagging?
Was your question that good, CD, that you had to sticky and lock the thread? Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh fuck, seriously.

Note to self: stop drunkposting on your phone.
(May 16, 2015 at 9:28 pm)Exian Wrote: How do I get you to make me a resonator and have it sent to Ohio for free?

You don't.

Boru

(May 16, 2015 at 9:41 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: What musical instrument do you play?  And what type of music do you play?

Why did you leave Ireland?

Why did you move to New Zealand?

Why did you stop farming?

I play banjo, mandolin, bodhran, uilleann pipes, guitar, and penny whistle..  I play mainly Irish folk music.

I left Ireland because I was tired of it.  Bone tired.

We'd been to New Zealand twice and fell in love with it.  When the opportunity to sell the house in Belfast presented itself, we jumped.

I stopped farming because I grew up and left home.

Boru

(May 16, 2015 at 9:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What sort of footwear do you recommend for sheep shagging?

If you can manage it, Wellies with football cleats.  The cleats provide traction, and Wellington boots so you can put the sheep's hind legs in them - improves your stance.

If at all possible, try to shag you sheep at the edge of a cliff.  It makes the sheep push back.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Have you ever attempted American folk/folk blues, and if so, how different are they? Guitar wise?

Fuck it, make me a video.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(May 16, 2015 at 11:02 pm)Exian Wrote: Have you ever attempted American folk/folk blues, and if so, how different are they? Guitar wise?

Fuck it, make me a video.

I quite like American folk - there are some surprising similarities between it and Irish folk.  I never played it much professionally - my paying customers were USian tourists who wanted to hear Irish music (I don't perform much these days).

I don't put images of myself online, sorry.

Boru
You a rugby supporter?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan