Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joshua Duggar Molested His Sisters
Joshua Duggar Molested His Sisters
I used to belong to a forum that mocked the Duggars and other fundamentalist families. Many of the members were former members of fundamentalism and humor was their way of dealing with their past. 

There was a rumor online that Josh Duggar had molested his sisters and another girl; however, many people on the board felt that it was a very damaging piece of gossip and  probably wasn't true. Guess what? It was.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/josh-duggar-...eakingnews

He admits to molesting five girls while they slept. Four of the girls were his sisters. He confessed and was punished

The reason why this is interesting is that the Duggars belong to a group led by a man named Gothard. The group believes in no dating until engagement and then only with chaperones. Girls always dress modestly to protect males from being attracted to them. On the show, the Duggar girls were told to shout the code word, Nike and the boys would look the other way.  Their beliefs are that if a person has a sexual thought for someone not their spouse, then that is the same thing as adultery even though they were just kids and teenagers. Of course, the Duggar show is just a commercial for Gothardism
Because of the Westermarck effect most people will not have sexual desire toward someone that grew up in the same household as them.  

Joshua Duggar made this statement.

Quote:Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh said in his statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life

This is from the police report

"
Quote:The alleged victims are (redacted), who live with their parents Michelle and Jim Bob (redacted). ... The parents said that 3 1/2 years ago when (redacted) was (redacted) admitted to fondling (redacted). They said that (redacted) said that (redacted) had been fondling (redacted) breast and vaginas when they were sleeping, from the time (redacted) was (redacted). They said that (redacted) also admitted to fondling (redacted) outside the home on her breasts."

According to the report, a member of their church found out about the fondling incident when an unnamed Duggar wrote a letter about it and put it in a book that was frequently loaned out to fellow churchgoers. When the Duggars traveled to Chicago to appear on Oprah's show, the church member forwarded a copy of the letter to Oprah's production company, which sent it to the authorities, prompting the investigation that led to the report.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/josh-duggar-...eakingnews

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/josh...d=31220027
RE: Joshua Duggar Molested His Sisters
(May 22, 2015 at 6:52 am)Nope Wrote:  The group believes in no dating until engagement and then only with chaperones.

That's a synonyme for forced marriage if there ever was one. If you're not allowed to date, it's pretty much excluding any choice in the matter and it creates a perfect biotope for all kinds of deviant sexual behavior.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 22, 2015 at 7:29 am)abaris Wrote:
(May 22, 2015 at 6:52 am)Nope Wrote:  The group believes in no dating until engagement and then only with chaperones.

That's a synonyme for forced marriage if there ever was one. If you're not allowed to date, it's pretty much excluding any choice in the matter and it creates a perfect biotope for all kinds of deviant sexual behavior.

That is a good point. It is worse than not letting them date. They are strongly encouraged from even having sexual thoughts about another person. That would be impossible as an adult, I can't imagine what that is like for a teenagers. Ironically, the Duggar mother was a cheerleader in school and dated before she met her husband. 

The Duggars aren't quite as well known as the Duck Dynasty clan but I know a lot of people who think that they are wonderful.

This site links to the police report. Apparently, a note was sent to Oprah warning her that the family went on various tv shows to get free gifts and money. Jim Bob(the dad) knew about his son's problems for over a year before anything was done.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombs...year-58906
Them bitches didn't read the buy-bull.  They are supposed to give him what he wants.
Hopefully this will shed some light on how dangerous the Quiverfull cult actually is.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
My wife is a fan of these people(I know, I know). I'm always telling her how crazy these people are, but she just thinks they're this wholesome family. I felt a little vindicated when I told her about this.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Leave it to dumbfuck Mike Huckabee to defend child molesters.... maybe he wants to be pope?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/mike-huc...rom-grace/

Quote:Mike Huckabee says you’re a bad person if you enjoy watching the Duggars fall from grace

Only among republicunts could this moron be considered presidential material.
What an asshole.

Quote:“He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities,” Huckabee said.

No they weren't, Mikey. It took them a year to mention it to anyone, and that was only after someone else leaked the story to the Oprah Show right before they were set to appear on it.

It's always fun to see people that think their shit doesn't stink fall from grace.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It's interesting to me that it's all about him. They keep talking about how he went down the wrong path, and how he ruined his life. What about those whom he molested and abused? All these people are like, "forgive him; he confessed!" but he wasn't punished for it; he isn't recompensing the girls he abused. For fuck's sake, they're not even talking about how it's affected the victims. These people are only concerned with how he looks to the public and whether their show will be renewed. Fuck them. Oh, and seriously? He has four fucking kids? They should all be taken away, and he should be sterilized. Disgusting humans, the lot of them.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 22, 2015 at 2:21 pm)Faith No More Wrote: My wife is a fan of these people(I know, I know).  I'm always telling her how crazy these people are, but she just thinks they're this wholesome family.  I felt a little vindicated when I told her about this.

Ask her to read a little about Bill Gothard. The Duggars follow him so that might help her see them more clearly.  

It makes you wonder what else the family is hiding. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Macron begins to retreat from his racist, xenophobic statements about Islam WinterHold 17 664 November 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 530 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2635 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3860 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2763 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump Projected His Academic Shortcomings Onto Obama Cepheus Ace 15 1088 March 8, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted Minimalist 3 335 November 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  The Republicunt's Voter Suppression Guru Gets His Ass Kicked Minimalist 3 828 June 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Franklin Graham Loses His Shit After Wisconsin Defeat Minimalist 9 1598 April 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  The Dumb Orange Fuck Has His Trade War Minimalist 47 4820 April 6, 2018 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: A Theist