Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
work rage
work rage
I've got a problem with work and wondered if anyone knows about this topic.

Basically work keep giving me the keys to the store, pressuring me into taking them home even though I'm not in work the next day, so for a few times now I've been driving to work for free just to give them the keys and then go home.  My petrol, my time and my millage for free.  If I don't go it means it's a huge store and they can't lock up as easy, I think they have another set to get in in the morning they must have but I don't know how the morning staff operate.

I've been given the fucking keys again and I'm tired of it, do you think I have the right to complain about this shit?  Is what they're doing even legal?  Bare in mind I'm not paid to be a key holder.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: work rage
Well, every country handles things differently. It would be certainly illegal in mine.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 22, 2015 at 6:01 pm)abaris Wrote: Well, every country handles things differently. It would be certainly illegal in mine.

I'm in the UK.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Hmmm.

What kind of store?  Jewelery ?  Precious metals ?  

(might make a difference in our advice)

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 22, 2015 at 6:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hmmm.

What kind of store?  Jewelery ?  Precious metals ?  

(might make a difference in our advice)

Tongue

It sells jewelry among other things, it's not a small store it's pretty much the biggest in the area.

Maybe just calmly explain why it bothers you when they give them to you? If you've got a generous boss they should listen

Wow, I had some messy co-workers at my job the other year, but nothing on the scale of this
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 22, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Maybe just calmly explain why it bothers you when they give them to you? If you've got a generous boss they should listen

Wow, I had some messy co-workers at my job the other year, but nothing on the scale of this

It actually isn't even the boss who gives it to me, it's usually a co worker who doesn't drive. I'm the only one who can drive which is why I get lumbered with the keys, everyone else has their wife, dad or mum drive for them.

Illegal is probably a stretch. You'd have to say they were forcing you to take the keys.

Can't you just tell them you don't think you should take the keys? If you're not in the next day then make up some bullshit about being somewhere else or that you have something to do, and you won't be able to take the keys.

(May 22, 2015 at 7:01 pm)paulpablo Wrote: It actually isn't even the boss who gives it to me, it's usually a co worker who doesn't drive. I'm the only one who can drive which is why I get lumbered with the keys, everyone else has their wife, dad or mum drive for them.

Well tough tits for them. Just because you can drive doesn't mean you're any more liable to bring the keys in than they are.
^^ What Napo said. Just don't take them.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 22, 2015 at 7:01 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(May 22, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Maybe just calmly explain why it bothers you when they give them to you? If you've got a generous boss they should listen

It actually isn't even the boss who gives it to me, it's usually a co worker who doesn't drive. I'm the only one who can drive which is why I get lumbered with the keys, everyone else has their wife, dad or mum drive for them.

If it's nobody who could fire you, I'd tell them ever so politely to shove the keys where the sun don't shine.

Girl bye, take your own keys home.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6233 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1361 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Any photographers in Louisiana looking for work? popeyespappy 0 533 September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3213 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4432 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  How do hashtags work? Foxaèr 6 1652 June 17, 2017 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Acquaintances that want your work for free J a c k 35 3971 March 11, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Bored at work Expired 7 1598 November 16, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Expired
  Struggling at work. Foxaèr 5 1255 August 19, 2016 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Joods
  Why are women such hard work? Expired 72 9473 August 7, 2016 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Cyberman