Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ireland votes yes
Ireland votes yes
This is just what the most religious country in the world needs, with 70% of the vote. I would have expected this from a another country but never Ireland.  Big Grin
RE: Ireland votes yes
Nicely done - But most religious? Since when? Maybe the Irish are more culturally Catholic than doctrinally devout believers.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Religion in Ireland from my understanding is more a cultural identifier than in other countries across the world where people truly believe in the religions they put down on a survey.
Yes, many Irish are atheists of the catholic bend.
I read a few years ago that Ireland is the most religious, Sweden is least religious. There was a chart that listed the countries in that order, but that was a few years ago I am sure some countries have shifted. Either way it is still a great victory. Who knows maybe in a few years Ireland will have a vote asking if god actually exists and the majority will answer NO F*&IN WAY!
I think Saudi Arabia and Brazil would top Ireland @Manowar, but I'm not saying Irish aren't religious.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The best part of this is that the Irish told the church to go fuck itself.  That's what they get for centuries of abuse.  Arrogant pricks.
Damn, I was hoping they would shit can gay marriage, and go back and ban divorce too. Repudiate all the divorces that have accrued in the interim, refuse to recognize those subsequent marriages, and make everyone affected refile all their corrected tax returns.

Fuck. Better not get my hopes up about banning cotton/polyester blends . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Amusing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32856232

Quote:Some prominent "no" campaigners have conceded defeat.

David Quinn of the Iona Institute, a Catholic group, said it was "obviously a very impressive victory for the 'yes' side".

"Obviously there's a certain amount of disappointment, but I'm philosophical about the outcome," he told RTE.

"It was always going to be an uphill battle - there were far fewer organisations on the 'no' side, while all the major political parties were lined up on the 'yes' side and you had major corporations coming out for the first time to say how we should vote on a particular issue."

Apparently his 'god' is no match for political parties and corporations?  Almost like his god doesn't exist.
Maybe the yes side had some iron chariots too ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 940 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yes, Feinstein Should Retire Minimalist 13 1536 October 18, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1454 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yes. You are 100% Right Minimalist 14 2087 October 15, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Yes of course. This Had To Happen. Minimalist 15 2607 June 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Yes. They Really Are Minimalist 8 1463 May 31, 2016 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yes, When You Elect Scumbags There Are Consequences Minimalist 6 1241 April 8, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Utah Votes to Bring Back Firing Squad Faith No More 32 5496 March 13, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Fundimentalist Catholics in Ireland lobbying government pop_punks_not_dead 32 6273 December 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: _xenu_
  Violence flares around Northern Ireland marches cratehorus 6 2015 July 15, 2013 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Brian37