Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a middle eastern
Ask a middle eastern
I live in Egypt(cairo).

ask me anything Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Ask a middle eastern
How is religion in Egypt? Is it secular? Moderately secular? Are people very fundamentalist, or just a little? Is it ok to be an atheist? Do you have free speech?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Do you have white mummies or black mummies? And which ones are more likely to attack me?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I know someone who claims his family tree goes back to a pharaoh (I don't recall which one). Are the people in Cairo similarly interested in family trees and do they make similar claims ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Dystopia Wrote: How is religion in Egypt? Is it secular? Moderately secular? Are people very fundamentalist, or just a little? Is it ok to be an atheist? Do you have free speech?
some are fundamentalists, but the government is putting control on them. IMO it's about your class, if you're middle class or lower, you're probably had a bad education and raised in a very religious family, and if you're otherwise, then most likely you're secular.
(May 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Do you have white mummies or black mummies? And which ones are more likely to attack me?
ninja mummies and they gonna bite yo ass, if you come near them.
(May 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I know someone who claims his family tree goes back to a pharaoh (I don't recall which one).  Are the people in Cairo similarly interested in family trees and do they make similar claims ?
he's probably wrong, that was thousands of years ago. not much, there was this one guy who told me that his family tree goes back to muhammed. 
How is it living there? Would you want to move out or stay?
What are the average daytime temperatures?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Why are you there? What do you do?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 23, 2015 at 3:59 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: How is it living there? Would you want to move out or stay?
sux, ofc I wanna move out to any country that respects basic human rights, but i'll do that in the right time when I have enough money.
(May 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: What are the average daytime temperatures?
Absolute shit. not to mention the high humidity, it is 38 today and 42 tomorrow, and that is the average in the summer.
(May 23, 2015 at 4:24 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Why are you there?  What do you do?

cuz my mother decided to have another baby Big Grin
I'm gonna graduate college this year, faculty of science, department of mathematics, my major is computer science, it's confusing i know Tongue
So, what do you expect will happen with the government of Egypt in the next few years? And what about Egyptian society in the next few years? Will there be unrest and disintegration of society? Are things going to work out well? And what do you expect will happen in the surrounding countries over the next few years?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.