Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief.
How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief.
[Image: PgCN86D.jpg]

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief.
Basically ripped right from the asshole of Martin Luther.

Quote:Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
(May 24, 2015 at 3:48 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: [Image: PgCN86D.jpg]

She and Luther have a point. If you stop expecting answers and logic then religion makes perfect sense.
They have known for a long time that thinking is bad for their bullshit.
'just don't think about it kiddies, the cognitive dissonance will fade away'? lol it's too much
(May 24, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Nope Wrote: She and Luther have a point. If you stop expecting answers and logic then religion makes perfect sense.

It still does not make any sense.  It is just that one does not notice that it does not make sense, if one does not question.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
So I can blow her brains out and by her own admission she would be none the worse for the wear.
Sure, if you put it that way, contradictions in the bible are nothing a quick lobotomy couldn't fix...
Why is Joyce Meyers pimping Mormonism ??

Thinking
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: science-vs-religion-yesterday-once-more_o_493512.jpg]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1308 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why... zwanzig 70 3726 July 23, 2023 at 7:43 am
Last Post: no one
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 7015 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88425 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Belief Catharsis 57 4228 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 9324 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 17028 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1237 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey
  I don't do "lack of belief", bitch. Foxaèr 35 5884 March 21, 2016 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Panatheist
  What is needed to combat the overwhelming level of belief in God? SteveII 149 20680 December 14, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Athene