Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R'uh r'oh, Sunday school teacher impregnates teen
R'uh r'oh, Sunday school teacher impregnates teen
I suppose we will have christers posting immediately how beautiful it is for a lil' baby to get conceived in an actual churchy church building.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28645616/mid-...utory-rape

Excerpt:

An avid Mid-South churchgoer, who sometimes teaches Sunday school, is accused of getting a 15-year-old girl from the church pregnant.

Desmond Allgood said he spoke with WMC Action News 5 because he wanted to clear his name.
"I'm not a predator. I'm not a sex offender or none of that," Allgood said. 
Allgood, who is married, was charged with statutory rape by an authority figure after a 15-year-old girl went to police on March 23 to report that she and Allgood had been in a sexual relationship for seven months.
The girl says Allgood is involved with the choir, mentors youth, and participates as a praise dance member at Vollintine Baptist Church. She says she met Allgood at church. The teen also reported that Allgood teaches Sunday school.

Read more: http://www.kctv5.com/story/28645616/mid-south-sunday-school-teacher-accused-of-statutory-rape#ixzz3bStoyFIn
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: R'uh r'oh, Sunday school teacher impregnates teen
No one is perfect and everyone has problems.

Can I ask what was your point in highlighting this? I mean cases similar to this are a regular occurance. Why highlight this one case.

Agreed. By now we should think it sort of commonplace to see religious folks act a little crazy.
say, god sure has a thing for pregnant teens, don't he?

(May 28, 2015 at 3:58 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: ... I mean cases similar to this are a regular occurance. ...

Yes, it is common for Christians to abuse positions of authority.  This shows how nonsensical the idea is that morality comes from religion.  Being religious does not make people moral.  And yet many idiot religionists believe otherwise, which is why such evidence needs to be presented to them.  When they stop saying idiotic things about the relationship between morality and religion, then there will not be so much need to keep bringing up things like this.  But until then, people need to be reminded of this so that maybe they will give up the moronic belief that religion makes people moral.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
No I mean cases like this happen whether religious or not, why point out this one case?

Can't this guy use the "It's a miracle!" defense? You know, the virgin Mary fairy tale. "I didn't make her pregnant - god did."
(May 28, 2015 at 3:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I suppose we will have christers posting immediately how beautiful it is for a lil' baby to get conceived in an actual churchy church building.

One minor point:  The article does not specify where they had sex.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 28, 2015 at 4:03 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: No I mean cases like this happen whether religious or not, why point out this one case?

teen pregnancies are more frequent in religious states, it's a well documented pattern

And why not point out this case? Why not raise awareness of sexual predators?
Silence is the worst option with these situations
They always say that church is a great place to meet gals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1163 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1279 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Palm Sunday Traditions Dundee 22 1791 April 17, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2176 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My religious teacher will become a father Der/die AtheistIn 48 9489 January 22, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 964 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 1981 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3313 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 1964 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Pentecost Sunday - just reporting in drfuzzy 23 5966 June 14, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah