Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My religious teacher will become a father
My religious teacher will become a father
He announced us today that his wife is pregnant. Hooray! Another kid who will be indoctrinated from the moment of birth! My teacher is that type of christian who thinks (or at the very least claims) that Jesus will return to judge us and that the bread and wine at the Eucharist are literally the flesh and blood of Christ. 
He talked with one of my classmates about creating a website for his parish (the teacher is also a priest).
If the seperation of church and state wouldn't took place we would've never had websites or other technologies for that matter.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: My religious teacher will become a father
Die Atheistin, there are courses on languages, math, programming and other jobs for free on Youtube and other sites. Print the material on paper on lowest ink settings and study for job.
(January 18, 2018 at 12:20 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Die Atheistin, there are courses on languages, math, programming and other jobs for free on Youtube and other sites.

I still find it ironic that the Church makes use of technology now, considering the Dark Ages. I also find it funny that it uses pretty advanced technology to promote Bronze Age superstitions.

Charlie Chaplin
(January 18, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 12:20 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Die Atheistin, there are courses on languages, math, programming and other jobs for free on Youtube and other sites.

I still find it ironic that the Church makes use of technology now, considering the Dark Ages. I also find it funny that it uses pretty advanced technology to promote Bronze Age superstitions.

Get job with free internet education, if you need and leave those mindfuckers.
(January 18, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote:

There is just a whole lot wrong here....  Sorry, I haven't really followed your story, and perhaps your experience Christianity hasn't been the best either intellectually or emotionally .  However, I don't think that the answer is to swing in the other direction with bad logic and bad facts. 

Don't become an angry atheists just making stupid statements.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Yeah.  RR wants you to remain a stupid jesus freak mouthing bronze age platitudes about his silly fucking god.

If the teacher is a priest and also becoming a father I guess he isn't too big on all this "celibacy" horseshit, huh?

Oh well, all religitards are full of shit.
(January 18, 2018 at 1:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah.  RR wants you to remain a stupid jesus freak mouthing bronze age platitudes about his silly fucking god.

If the teacher is a priest and also becoming a father I guess he isn't too big on all this "celibacy" horseshit, huh?

Excellent example (don't be like the above).... you didn't address what I said at all...  Invented an argument, that I wasn't making, and the ever popular attacking the person rather than the argument... oh and perhaps a little name calling and poisoning of  the well. 

I would prefer him to be an intelligent Jesus freak Smile   However, if that is not going to be the case, then I would settle for an intelligent atheists or agnostic.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
DA, you're going to drive yourself crazy if you get hung up on every little thing theists do. The fact is, there are far more theists than atheists in the world, and, yes, they're going to do things like teach in schools, make websites, have children, etc. And they're also going to be your doctor, your fire and policemen, and your boss.

How are you going to handle it when your Christian boss denies your promotion? Or your Christian doctor recommends surgery?
(January 18, 2018 at 1:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah.  RR wants you to remain a stupid jesus freak mouthing bronze age platitudes about his silly fucking god.

He's an orthodox priest, they're allowed to marry. But only before they become priests.

(January 18, 2018 at 2:12 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: DA, you're going to drive yourself crazy if you get hung up on every little thing theists do.  The fact is, there are far more theists than atheists in the world, and, yes, they're going to do things like teach in schools, make websites, have children, etc.  And they're also going to be your doctor, your fire and policemen, and your boss.

How are you going to handle it when your Christian boss denies your promotion?  Or your Christian doctor recommends surgery?

Christians don't make me that mad so I can't handle it. And I know that they're gonna make websites, I just find it ironic. I didn't make the post out of rage, I only wanted to express my opinion.

Charlie Chaplin
You express dismay at theists having kids, but you yourself were birthed from theist parents lol.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10593 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8478 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2009 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 60298 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18570 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How to become a Televangelist? mcolafson 20 6989 September 27, 2016 at 5:40 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31223 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26474 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pope: Sometimes Husband-and-Wife Splits Become 'Morally Necessary' Pyrrho 34 7565 June 27, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  R'uh r'oh, Sunday school teacher impregnates teen vorlon13 57 11288 May 29, 2015 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire