Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:41 pm

Poll: Will you drink with Dionysus?
This poll is closed.
Yes, but only if he really exists.
15.38%
4 15.38%
Yes, I will drink wine regardless of his existence.
69.23%
18 69.23%
No, I am a twat.
15.38%
4 15.38%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If in the end, you found that god really existed...
If in the end, you found that god really existed...
...and you recognize that Dionysus is real, would you be willing to drink a glass of wine with him?

Keep in mind, all of you heretics, that Dionysus is not omnipotent, omniscient, nor did he create this mess of a world in which we live.  He is the god of divine intoxication.  Google him if necessary.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: If in the end, you found that god really existed...
I share his first name, so I'm cool to hang with him. 
Wine, bourbon, alcopop, whatever. we can get pissed and discuss the finer points of rock crushing technology.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Mmmmmmmmm....Malbec!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Dionysus has written his existence into our hearts, so that none may have an excuse. Now drink the holy wine and have fun, in celebration of the greatest of the Greek Pantheon.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 31, 2015 at 8:22 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: ...and you recognize that Dionysus is real, would you be willing to drink a glass of wine with him?

Sure, but mostly just to be sociable.  I like my grape juice sweet, before it rots.
Beer, OTOH, is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
I can't drink due to my medication, so am I allowed to have a soft drink with him?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm a twat

Deal with it
(May 31, 2015 at 11:59 pm)robvalue Wrote: I can't drink due to my medication, so am I allowed to have a soft drink with him?

That is a difficult question, as there were no such issues back when the ancient Greeks wrote about him.  But since there is nothing real to go on, I'll just do what religionists typically do and just make up stuff that suits me.

Sure, he will be understanding of your predicament, provided that you really need the medication and if you ever go off of it, you are willing to imbibe the divine elixir.

For those of you who prefer other alcoholic beverages over wine, although Dionysus is most strongly associated with wine, he is the god of divine intoxication, and so you may worship him with other alcoholic drinks.  So you need not let that get in the way of your religious devotion.  Dionysus is very openminded, and allows for many things.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Honestly I'd sit down for a glass of wine with my worst enemy. I like wine, and prefer dark and dry reds. Just because I may try to tear out your throat, doesn't mean I can't enjoy a civil drink with you.

All hail Dionysus! Wink
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
That's great then Big Grin Maybe he can use some cool power to remove the issue so I can have a proper drink with him Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5864 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3143 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7781 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1735 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4603 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78636 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2832 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15518 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2557 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11602 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny