Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Go, Another Paranormal Show!
Here We Go, Another Paranormal Show!
Quote:TNT has ordered a new supernatural drama called Proof. It will debut some time next year with 10 episodes.

The cast will include Jennifer Beals, Matthew Modine, Joe Morton, Callum Blue, Edi Gathegi, Annie Thurman, Sean Gleeson, and Caroline Rose Kaplan...

New Series from Executive Producer Kyra Sedgwick Also Stars Matthew Modine and Joe Morton

TNT has greenlit the supernatural drama Proof, starring Jennifer Beals (The L Word, Flashdance), Matthew Modine (And the Band Played On, Weeds) and Joe Morton (Scandal, Terminator 2: Judgment Day). Also starring in the series are Callum Blue (Dead Like Me, Royal Pains), Edi Gathegi (X-Men: First Class, Justified), Annie Thurman (The Hunger Games), Sean Gleeson (Doctors, Cold Mountain) and newcomer Caroline Rose Kaplan...

In Proof, Beals plays Dr. Carolyn Tyler, a brilliant surgeon with a caustic edge...Despite her skeptical, hard-science attitude, Carolyn is persuaded by a cancer-stricken tech millionaire (Modine) to investigate cases of reincarnation, out-of-body experiences, hauntings and other supernatural phenomena. Her goal is to find verifiable proof to life’s greatest questions: Is death truly the end, or is there something else beyond?"

*sigh*  My best guess is that this show will cater to life after death claims.  And Kyra Sedgewick is producing this, dare I call it, shit.  I am disappointed in her, I had respect for her as an actress, loved her in "The Closer," but I am afraid that what she is offering is woo.  Will the skeptics get short shrift and be made to look like fools, when it should be the claimants of the paranormal who should be shown to be without merit?  I expect no less. 
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Here We Go, Another Paranormal Show!
Paranormal shows are easier to make than sensible ones. They can just make up any shit they want this way, as it does not have to make any real sense.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Well, they're also just a bit more exciting.

"Holy shit bob, thats a UFO!"

"no, no,  it's just swamp gas"

-throws his popcorn in the trash and walks out-
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Interesting choice of title given the subject matter!

"Where's the proof of all this?"

"In this show I just made!"

"Uhuh."

"Did you see Noah? I told you that story was real!"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The point idiot script writers don't understand is that in a universe where ghosts and real out of body experiences provably exist, skeptics will be all over it to find out what's going on. While the useless dumb woo fans will wave their hands, stand on the soap box to mumble about the end times, pray and offer snackrifices to their gods, the skeptics will be busy figuring out how to best summon the ghost, how you can steer the soul out of the body in a controlled fashion and how far, how it reacts to magnetic fields... The works.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Too true!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
hey, it's just a show... if TWD and Flash works, and when even discovery have had that mermaid crap, then why not this? I doubt they would be able to find "verifiable proof" even in their make believe world though.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Sure, it's just a show Smile It just sucks how they almost always need to portray the sceptics as the "wrong" ones. I guess a show about people dismissing unfounded claims wouldn't get many viewers Wink

Index of my best videos
They need to make shows like that, cause that is the only way they can prove the sceptics wrong.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The only show that I have seen so far that even gives some respect to atheists and science is Bones. The main character, Temperance Brennan, aka "Bones" (a tip of the hat to Star Trek's character Dr. McCoy, perhaps) is a physical anthropologist and unapologetic atheist. Though at first she was depicted as somewhat cold and aloof, the past few seasons she seems to have mellowed out as her relationship with FBI agent Booth grew. According to Wikipedia, "Created by Hart Hanson, the series is very loosely based on the life and writings of novelist and forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs." I really enjoy this show.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A President Show Documentary: The Fall of Donald Trump Fake Messiah 0 330 October 18, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 259 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Joss Whedon's new show Foxaèr 13 1269 July 16, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 416 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Favorite old Nickelodeon show? ƵenKlassen 22 1870 November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 854 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watched a great show & NDE Foxaèr 2 593 January 28, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 817 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 25659 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  The Family (new show) Foxaèr 1 571 April 5, 2016 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr