Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you like in the NBA finals this year? Lebron or Steph Curry & the Pick Setters
Who do you like in the NBA finals this year? Lebron or Steph Curry & the Pick Setters
Fighting out of the East, all time greatest basketball player candidate Lebron James with whoever they still have standing.

Fighting out of the West, a bunch of jump shooters to hear Sir Charles tell it.

Poor Lebron is once again in the position of entering the finals without an adequate team around him.  Can't fault the ownership though.  They certainly spent big and wisely.  But injuries to Irving and Love mean that King James will be the only superstar on the Eastern team.

No one on the Warriors comes close to being Lebron's equal but they have many all star quality players .. and everyone is healthy this year.  They also play together as a team extremely well and, the scary part, will be even better if they ever get the turn overs completely under control.

Given that they play in the town where I was born and just several miles South of where I live now along the bay, I am pretty biased in favor of Golden State.  But you can't like basketball if you don't admire Lebron's game .. and I intend to.  Great, great series: world's best player vs world's best team.  I'm picking the best team in 5 or 6 games.  Make it 6 if I must pin it down.
RE: Who do you like in the NBA finals this year? Lebron or Steph Curry & the Pick Setters
Game ONE to the Warriors, baby! Oh yeah. (We still have room on the bandwagon.)
RE: Who do you like in the NBA finals this year? Lebron or Steph Curry & the Pick Setters
I have family connections to Cleveland, but not the Bay Area, so, even though I don't much follow the Big 4 American sports, the Cavs have my vote. Good game tonight.

Branding geek that I am, I like GSW's "The City" jerseys, but they don't play in SF. But I hear they are looking hard at moving into SF itself.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
You're right. They have a property now. I like how much they've upgraded the current east bay facility even knowing they will be moving.
Sucks for Oakland. Is there any metro that has two teams?

ETA: Oh, wait, Knicks and Nets. Clippers and Lakers. I wonder if the Bay can handle 2 teams (or if the NBA is even looking).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I hope not and doubt it. The one is fine with me and it doesn't matter to me in what corner of the bay area they park it in. It is all the SF bay area.
RE: Who do you like in the NBA finals this year? Lebron or Steph Curry & the Pick ...
I miss being able to watch basketball, I love it.

All we get is football, or as you call it sahkur. More interesting stuff happens in any particular basketball play than in the whole 90 minutes of a bunch of homoerotic airheads kicking each other in the shins then showering together.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Ahh sahkur. I've had that, heated and served in small ceramic cups. Nice.
I'm on the LeBron train.

Although without Kyrie, LeBron will need to score 50 points per game to take this series. I want to see how Game 2 goes before I say who'll win the series. But I'm still leaning Cavs.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Man, I don't know. Golden State looks good. I don't think the Cavs have it, and they can't take much more over-time games. I predict another "this close" moment for Cleveland.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 946 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 622 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 745 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2165 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 2020 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo
  The Million Pick-up March. Gawdzilla Sama 0 407 December 3, 2020 at 12:25 pm
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2425 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WinterHold 4 627 January 1, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2756 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 1019 January 2, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Godscreated