Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos and the Hard Line
Kudos and the Hard Line
I have a tendency to make many posts in the same thread one after another.  Sometimes no one posts in between my posts.  The software doesn't show these as two separate posts but as a single post with a line between them.  I have only one problem with that.  Occasionally someone will kudo the first post, and after I make the second post it looks like they have kudoed both posts.

Could the site software be altered to make two separate posts whenever the first post has been kudoed?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: Kudos and the Hard Line
That is an interesting issue you bring up.  I have given kudos to a post before, and then the person posts again, which is added to the post, and is something to which I do not wish to give kudos.  It makes me think about withdrawing kudos, but I typically just leave it.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I don't really like the merged posts. It kind of drives me nuts. C'est la vie
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Me, neither.  Frequently it ends up combining disparate ideas.
It is to keep people from driving up their post count artificially.

It will allow you to make a new post if you post after 120 minutes, which is the time allotted for editing posts.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Unless you are a mod. ?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 4, 2015 at 6:54 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Unless you are a mod.  ?

Show off Dodgy
(June 4, 2015 at 6:53 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: It is to keep people from driving up their post count artificially.

It will allow you to make a new post if you post after 120 minutes, which is the time allotted for editing posts.

Is that really a big issue.  I've never paid much attention to my post count. 
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Yeah, think this issue was discussed before. Mods can do it because it can be helpful for them, particularly in staff threads if they need to bump something important and keep it at the top of the new posts section.

Would be nice to have posting work so you get kudos for the separate posting instances if a user has done what OP mentiones, but it doesn't happen so often that its any real issue IMO.

(June 4, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Is that really a big issue.  I've never paid much attention to my post count. 

It can absolutely be a big issue. Not all members will do it but it only takes one, and the whole forum can become bogged down in spam. He who shall not be named is a perfect example of why it's a good measure (AKA Voldemort AKA Matt).

Shit, now I'm inevitably not going to get the two seperate kudos for my posts. Damnit! Tongue

*edit, make that three!
(June 4, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(June 4, 2015 at 6:53 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: It is to keep people from driving up their post count artificially.

Is that really a big issue.  I've never paid much attention to my post count. 

Good point.  I don't see a lot of people itching to get their post count up.  What possible good would that do anyway????

In truth, even when I was on Staff I'm quite sure we never had to deal with that issue even once.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1297 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My Kudos brewer 7 1873 July 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  You already gave kudos - wrongly so abaris 7 1937 May 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Shoutbox Kudos! Edwardo Piet 4 1372 April 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13660 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Can We Have Specific Kudos? Rhondazvous 73 10484 January 22, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6127 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll) Napoléon 3 1673 May 24, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: emjay
  kudos goddamit Marsellus Wallace 16 3253 May 15, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mobile Kudos Exian 5 1833 April 20, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Exian