Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
children of the 2000's
children of the 2000's
I was 7 years old in 2000.

I remember "Blue" the band, Seinfeld, Fraiser,.... scream, LOTR, and the matrix trilogies, 9/11 attack, and Iraq war(part 2) Tongue

My favorite moment was when  I was about 10 years old my family went to see the great pyramids, and we all ate oranges.
The pyramids weren't that impressing tho  Dodgy
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: children of the 2000's
srsly ? no one ?  Popcorn
Why are you already allowed to surf the internet by yourself! Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Ah yes, I was waiting for this thread Tongue
Yet for all of these momentous events, you left out the musical titan that was S Club 7. For shame.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Well I'm actually a year younger than you (turned 6 in 2000) and I think of myself more as a 90s kid still Tongue The 90s were epic, my family are amazed at how vivid my memories of the 90s are actually considering I was so young.

Still I remember this stuff, of course. It's that late 90s/early 00s time when Britney was taking off, STEPS (the group) were everything, The Spice Girls

Dexters Lab and Powerpuff Girls!

Britney was everything to me when I was a kid, I loved her down omg. She spent so long between like her 2nd album and her 3rd one though that I got bored waiting and found JLo, lmao

All the signs were there for me from a young age, let's be real
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I used to watch Powerpuff Girls on cartoon network, oh the memories  Heart . My fav cartoon show was "fairly odd parents" .
I was 9 in 2000. I remember stuff like linkin park, disturbed being on 3rd grade. And the matrix of course.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I remember Fairly Odd Parents but I never watched it

Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, That's so Raven, the original X-Men cartoon, POKEMON! We're like the original Pokemon generation haha

Also the baby programmes from the 90s like the Tweenies, Teletubbies etc

And of course, Harry Potter

Our generation have been so spoiled with all these treats haha. I saw some of the kid's programmes my younger cousins get, they are CRAP compared to what we got!

On the downside we also got 9/11, which deeply disturbed me as a kid

I never saw the Matrix until I was a bit older
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. I do believe I clocked up around 1200 hours on them. Almost as many on Emerald Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I never bothered with those little handheld gameboys (I was on PS2 from a young age and that just made them obselete) but I lived for the cartoon and the little trading cards. The teachers at my school gave up confescating our cards, because we'd just bring more in whenever they did

- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children Of The 2060s BrianSoddingBoru4 14 3609 July 6, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Joko
  Children of the 1950's - It's time for your nap Whateverist 25 3903 June 19, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Children of the 1970's Secular Elf 47 11494 June 15, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  What do atheists tell their children downbeatplumb 17 3253 February 3, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Quotes: Ayatollah Khomeini on sex with children northumbrian66 41 37826 September 24, 2013 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Criticism of study showing negative outcomes for children of gay parents Tempus 0 1413 June 15, 2012 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Tempus
  Bulgaria does Married with Children Erinome 3 1771 April 3, 2012 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BoyWonder
  African Witch Children Tiberius 3 2411 May 13, 2009 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Sam