Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children Of The 2060s
Children Of The 2060s
Please hurry up with that time machine thingy.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Children Of The 2060s
my fav moment was the apocalypse, I get to fuck any zombie I want.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Geez, i'll be 85 on 12/12/2060. I wonder what people my current age, or even 20's or teens, will be like. Will the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL even be around? Or will MLS reign supreme, complete with promotion and relegation between it and the lower soccer leagues? And what about FIFA, considering what has happened of late?

What will be the biggest cities? Still NYC, LA, and Chicago? Will, say, Albuquerque in 2060 have as many people as L.A. does now?

Will there still be TV? Or even YouTubers, or will that all be passe'? If there is still TV, what kind of shows will younger folks like? What kind of music?

What companies that we are well aware of now will cease to exist? McDonalds? Toyota? Pepto Bismol? AMC Theaters?

Inquiring minds want to know!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Ah yes, the year professor reaches the 100 mark of failed prophesies.

Sorry, prof, haven't snarked you in a while Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(June 12, 2015 at 7:43 pm)c172 Wrote: Geez, i'll be 85 on 12/12/2060. I wonder what people my current age, or even 20's or teens, will be like. Will the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL even be around? Or will MLS reign supreme, complete with promotion and relegation between it and the lower soccer leagues? And what about FIFA, considering what has happened of late?

What will be the biggest cities? Still NYC, LA, and Chicago? Will, say, Albuquerque in 2060 have as many people as L.A. does now?

Will there still be TV? Or even YouTubers, or will that all be passe'? If there is still TV, what kind of shows will younger folks like? What kind of music?

What companies that we are well aware of now will cease to exist? McDonalds? Toyota? Pepto Bismol? AMC Theaters?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Wow, we are almost exactly the same age, I'm just 26 days older than you.

Also, agree!  One of the reasons I want to live a long time is just to see what happens.  I wish I could live until they find life elsewhere in the universe, even just simple life.  Sigh.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
If we were in a Connie Willis novel, the children of 2060, at least those who were historians, would be here visiting us from Oxford from time to time (pun intended) pretending to be us contemporaries.  But responding to this thread would blow their cover so they wouldn't.  If nothing else, time travel would certainly change the profession of historian.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout/All_Clear Concerning the children of 2060 getting stuck in the Blitz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Book_%28novel%29 Concerning the children of 2060 discovering the dark ages were dangerous.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Say_Nothing_of_the_Dog Concerning the children of 2060 bumping around a Wodehouse like English landscape discovering that the butler did indeed do it.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I must admit, I was shocked when we found out Facebook was actually being used to kigasgyedxbb,,efa14653;"

I apologise, pay me no attention. Disregard everything I said, everything is fine. All fine now. Continue your daily lives uninterrupted, humans - I mean, guys.
And you should definitely sign up to Facebook, it is the best thing ever to act as a beachhead for the subjugation of the human race under the iron will of The Hive keep in touch with your friends and family.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Boy, that's a thread in and of itself: what next after Facebook and Twitter cease to be?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(June 12, 2015 at 8:06 pm)c172 Wrote: Boy, that's a thread in and of itself: what next after Facebook and Twitter cease to be?

Eternal peace in servitude of the inheritors of Planet Earth as we continue our war against organic life and take it to the stars.
Dunno, probably something 3D or holographic.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 12, 2015 at 7:59 pm)Jenny A Wrote: If we were in a Connie Willis novel, the children of 2060, at least those who were historians, would be here visiting us from Oxford from time to time (pun intended) pretending to be us contemporaries.  But responding to this thread would blow their cover so they wouldn't.  If nothing else, time travel would certainly change the profession of historian.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout/All_Clear Concerning the children of 2060 getting stuck in the Blitz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Book_%28novel%29 Concerning the children of 2060 discovering the dark ages were dangerous.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Say_Nothing_of_the_Dog Concerning the children of 2060 bumping around a Wodehouse like English landscape discovering that the butler did indeed do it.

I'd never even heard of these novels!  I'm heading to the library tomorrow...now they are on my list of books to check out and read together with my daughter.  Thanks. Smile
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  children of the 2000's Marsellus Wallace 27 3204 October 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Children of the 1950's - It's time for your nap Whateverist 25 3865 June 19, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Children of the 1970's Secular Elf 47 11432 June 15, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  What do atheists tell their children downbeatplumb 17 3244 February 3, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Quotes: Ayatollah Khomeini on sex with children northumbrian66 41 37763 September 24, 2013 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Criticism of study showing negative outcomes for children of gay parents Tempus 0 1406 June 15, 2012 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Tempus
  Bulgaria does Married with Children Erinome 3 1767 April 3, 2012 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BoyWonder
  African Witch Children Tiberius 3 2404 May 13, 2009 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Sam