Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF7 Remake Announced
FF7 Remake Announced
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015...vii-remake

So they finally did it. Now we get to see Cloud riding a dolphin....in HD.

Thoughts? I'm mixed. I really want Square to re-capture the glory of the olden days, and FF7 obviously comes out near the top for everyone who used to play old school JRPG. I loved FF7. but I'm not sure I'll like this one

I think it's nostalgia which has made me love the old FFs. I've probably hit up 6, 7, 8 & 9 at least 3 or 4 times each since I first played them back in the 90s. I don't really need a remake to make me enjoy the memories of them I have, but I guess a lot of people want to see the old blocky GFX remade into a slick film-esqe game and I guess that's cool. I just don't think it'll make people love the old games more, maybe it'll have the opposite effect as they're bound to not quite capture the essence of the old FF7. You might even see people longing for the old version more once this one has come out sometime in the next 4 or 5 years.

Also, brothel scene with loads of semi-naked guys doing squats around Cloud. How exactly will they pull that off in a gritty Dark Knight version of 7 I wonder?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: FF7 Remake Announced
I hope they don't f*** with the classic battle system. Seriously.
If there's an "Auto-battle" option - I'm going to set myself on fire in front of Square's offices, in protest.

(I'm not really going to do that - not because it's not a good idea, but because I'm a notorious coward)
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
No PC version? I'm out!
(June 16, 2015 at 5:47 am)pocaracas Wrote: No PC version? I'm out!

Pretty much how i felt.. but for reasons sony grabbed the remake as a exclusive. Cant wait though.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I have two thoughts:
1) Wonder Square has the potential to be the best thing, ever.
2) If the music isn't 1990s MIDI-style music, I don't know if I will be able to play the game.
Squaresoft's last FF game was Final Fantasy 10, before merging into Square Enix. It didn't get better after that from what i've heard. I gotta admit FF7 is a friggin awesome game. Maybe old but still sweet!
I have to say I'm having an emotional reaction to this.  My daughter and I played through the original FFVII together and it's one of our best moments together.  The more I think about it, the more I realize FF7 isn't just a game, it's part of my life.  This pretty much sums it up:

I practically came in my pants when I saw this announcement. This is by far my favorite FF title, and I'm extremely excited to see it in HD. Between that and Fallout 4, I think I just bought a PS4.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
FF VII is that spoiled rotten sibling that gets overly pampered for being overall mediocre. It's nothing more than a product of comercial success and a decent FF title. ~Barf~
(July 4, 2015 at 6:47 pm)Elskidor Wrote: FF VII is that spoiled rotten sibling that gets overly pampered for being overall mediocre. It's nothing more than a product of comercial success and a decent FF title.  ~Barf~

You, sir, don't know what it means to truly be alive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resident evil 3 remake thoughts dyresand 2 1408 May 10, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
Video Tokyo Game Show FFVII Remake Trailer Cecelia 0 506 September 11, 2019 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Final Fantasy VII remake trailer Cecelia 5 1204 December 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  FF7 Remake Gameplay Shown Faith No More 15 1646 December 7, 2015 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Video New Mass Effect announced! Napoléon 29 3174 June 21, 2015 at 10:02 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duke Guilmon 0 630 May 8, 2014 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  New Civ V expansion announced jots 0 1025 March 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: jots
  GTA 5 announced Napoléon 2 1139 October 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  FF7 Haydn2 5 1370 September 29, 2012 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Tempus
  XCOM: Enemy Unknown Remake Chuff 6 2601 March 8, 2012 at 5:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman