Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first attempt at a debunking video...
My first attempt at a debunking video...
I believe there need to be more people openly challenging this sort of rubbish so I thought I'd have a go, especially since Muhammadans don't get challenged nearly as often as Christians do so they essentially have a free rein. I'm not convinced dedicating over ten minutes of a video of just under three minutes is efficient, but in my defence it's my first try. These sorts of videos make me feel ashamed to be human and I am really upset that there are humans that think this personage on the chair is a genius.

I didn't want to put this in the Religion Section because I don't think it'd be appropriate and it's not the section to be asking for feedback in. I'll probably remake this video later on.

Crux of the video:
Can a Chimpanzee build a power station? Eh, what is this crap?
https://youtu.be/RXLISc0vZRQ

Source/original video.

RE: My first attempt at a debunking video...
I will listen to this first part later but you have a lovely accent.
Nice video, good job Smile You raise some interesting points. I'd never heard about a natural power station before!

That guy is such a moron. Learn some science for god's sake. Erm, for FSM's sake. You pick him apart well.

What I wonder is why humans need to build a power station. Why can't whatever amazing God provide us with the power we need? Instead we have to fuck over the planet?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 23, 2015 at 5:57 am)robvalue Wrote: Nice video, good job Smile You raise some interesting points. I'd never heard about a natural power station before!

That guy is such a moron. Learn some science for god's sake. Erm, for FSM's sake. You pick him apart well.

What I wonder is why humans need to build a power station. Why can't whatever amazing God provide us with the power we need? Instead we have to fuck over the planet?

Yeah, why can't this god provide humanity with the electricity we require? Clearly this god wants us all to choke on fossil fuels. "Natural nuclear fission reactors" has its own Wikipedia article I found out today. There are others like Oklo apparently but it's extremely rare, although maybe not as rare as intelligence in our universe. So maybe you could say this god has been providing us with power before we could use it? Uranium is rare and yet this god makes it go to waste?

While we're on the subject of Oklo, don't Chimpanzees live in The Gabon? They could have, in theory, taken advantage of the free power source. But why would they want to? I suppose they could use the warm water for a nice bathe but that's about it, not that I'd advise swimming in radioactive water.

I would like to do more videos but I worry about copyright. I did actually do a video before this one where I commented on 10 Facts (lies) You Never Heard About Muhammad's Religion, but I didn't feel happy with how it turned out. Something I ought to do is watermark my videos. Honestly, I don't think I'm a good orator.

There's the "fair usage" act where you can include other people's material, within certain rules, for the purposes of criticism or satire. I'm not up on the specifics, but it's definitely legal when done properly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

You did well for a first video Smile It's all about practice and gaining confidence.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Wow good first video. Great work!!

And don't worry about the time ratio, most hour-long religious arguments can be condensed to "..because my book says so", and can be dismissed with a facepalm. Wink
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Ah, thanks. I know there is demand for this sort of thing but, amoungst other things, I hate the sound of my own voice so I had doubts. I want to make more, and I did build a LEGO set so I can poke fun at these people but I never finished making the first video. Everyone likes LEGO right? I obtained some facial hair for LEGO people and some suspicious looking faces and even got a webcam specially for the purpose.

Excellent for a first effort, wouldn't of thought its was your first effort if you didn't say it was if I'm honest.

{snip}

Moderator notice: please read the rules. No posting of links until you've been a member for 30 days and contributed 30 posts. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4183 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Debunking the myth about Red Shirts Amarok 20 1222 February 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Just A Video Debunking Racists Mechaghostman2 20 3532 March 20, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Type your username in youtube/post the first video c172 45 5181 September 24, 2015 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Nine
  Your first post &/or first kudos Fidel_Castronaut 80 11753 March 17, 2015 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Nope
  First Human Powered Helicopter! (Video) Big Blue Sky 4 1529 July 12, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas