Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Technology That Dominionists Will Find Useful
A Technology That Dominionists Will Find Useful
Face recognition technology. Imagine Dominionist approved churches, or any Conservative church, using this to enforce church attendance:

Quote:Churches just got a new way to figure out who is sleeping in on Sunday morning: facial recognition software that scans the congregation and records who showed up. Churchix is a product of Skakash LLC, which sells Face-Six for law enforcement, border control, and commercial applications. According to CEO Moshe Greenshpan, in the 4 months since the technology launched, 30 churches have already deployed the software and service, which could be used to target members who need a nudge or to identify potential major donors among those who attend faithfully.

Think about how this could be applied if certain Conservative elements gain total power and control of our government. It would help make a theocracy more applicable.

Full article: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/churches...heres-why/
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: A Technology That Dominionists Will Find Useful
I'm all in favor of making christerism as onerous as possible.

If they be busy 'persecuting' their own flock, it is less time for the rest of us to be annoyed by the christian menace.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

They've always been complaining about computer chips in your arms or tattoos or UPC Barcodes or whatnot as the "Mark of the Beast"

But... with facial recognition technology... this means... the Mark of the Beast... is... FACES!!!!! Panic Panic Panic

QUICK! EVERYONE RIP OFF YOUR FACE!!! Panic
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Sounds like the work of the devil to me.
Haha! They've used prayer request cards, membership registration, offering envelopes with addresses, etc. to compile mailing lists for years. I got mail for years after I quit attending church. They didn't know if you stopped attending unless they kept a date register for last prayer request, tithe, etc. Which they might have, they did stop the mailings after a while, so this implied some sort of database that kept track of this and then dropped a name after a long enough time had passed without any new input.
Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Sorry, old school. In my childhood there were men that walked up and down the isles and woke sleepers, stopped conversations, pulled out the kids not demonstrating the correct behavior. Each time it happened a significant portion of the congregation would turn and give the evil eye.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 29, 2015 at 9:05 am)Secular Elf Wrote: Face recognition technology. Imagine Dominionist approved churches, or any Conservative church, using this to enforce church attendance:

Quote:Churches just got a new way to figure out who is sleeping in on Sunday morning: facial recognition software that scans the congregation and records who showed up. Churchix is a product of Skakash LLC, which sells Face-Six for law enforcement, border control, and commercial applications. According to CEO Moshe Greenshpan, in the 4 months since the technology launched, 30 churches have already deployed the software and service, which could be used to target members who need a nudge or to identify potential major donors among those who attend faithfully.

Think about how this could be applied if certain Conservative elements gain total power and control of our government.  It would help make a theocracy more applicable.

Full article: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/churches...heres-why/

I think that this would only irritate members.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I swear Technology hates me. AkiraTheViking 18 1464 July 12, 2023 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  How to find the point on the root locus with a certain damping in Octave FlatAssembler 21 1871 May 31, 2023 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The downside of automotive technology onlinebiker 32 2670 January 15, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Is technology making us less human? Foxaèr 24 5309 May 2, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Do We Need to Know About Yesterday's Technology? Rhondazvous 30 4158 July 10, 2015 at 7:28 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  FYI: Battery technology pocaracas 2 1378 April 28, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Useful Mobile Apps BrokenQuill92 24 4141 February 23, 2014 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5616 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Might be useful... Darwinian 8 2027 December 27, 2013 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Computer Science and Information Technology goddamnit 16 7132 July 16, 2012 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Colanth