Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Issue
Search Issue
I just tried to run a search for 'F-35' and was told that I needed to have at least four characters.  By my count...and I confess to sucking at math...F-35 IS 4 characters.

What's with that?
RE: Search Issue
I'm guessing punctuation doesn't count?
A character is a character.  Not sure I would have noticed F-35 really is 4 characters . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's an advanced boolean field. Which means searching for F-35 is asking for "F" excluding "35."

Usually putting quotes around it will make it search for the string inside the quotes, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh fuck....I broke the board.
Incidentally, if you were looking for the 'This Thing is a Flying Pig' thread, here it is.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I gave up and tacked it on to the Ask A Historian thread.  Eisenhower must be rolling in his grave.
(June 30, 2015 at 3:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh fuck....I broke the board.

Quick, see if you also break Jehovah Witnesses
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've got another quite annoying search issue. Search seems to be tied with "new posts" option. So if you hit that and try to do a search afterwards it says, you can only do a search every 30 seconds.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 1, 2015 at 5:14 am)abaris Wrote: I've got another quite annoying search issue. Search seems to be tied with "new posts" option. So if you hit that and try to do a search afterwards it says, you can only do a search every 30 seconds.

That's correct. The buttons up top left are just shortcuts which use the search function on the site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server load issue? Foxaèr 2 960 April 12, 2019 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  hyperlink issue tackattack 7 1309 March 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  User profile mobile issue tackattack 0 664 November 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1396 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How to search ErGingerbreadMandude 1 1019 January 12, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Noobie tech support issue LadyForCamus 8 2077 December 7, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Server issue Thumpalumpacus 17 2525 October 8, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Did the search function change recently? Simon Moon 9 2923 July 13, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Posting Issue Jaysyn 11 3735 July 3, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Is there a way to bookmark the "Today's Post" search? Angrboda 4 2590 January 2, 2014 at 12:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda