Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertards Want National Parks to Rot
Libertards Want National Parks to Rot
More horseshit from the invisible hand of the market crowd.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/06...onal-parks

Quote:
Quote:"True conservation is taking care of the land and water you already have, not insatiably acquiring more and hoping it manages itself," the op-ed reads. "Let's maintain what we've already got, so we can protect it properly," it concludes.
Of course "hoping it manages itself" was never the aim of Congress in creating national parks, which is why they also created the National Park Service to manage them. The fact that the Service is horribly underfunded and has a huge backlog of projects is because a Republican-dominated Congress has starved it. That's part of the whole destroying government in order to prove that government doesn't work agenda. But in terms of the parks, it's part of the Kochs' real agenda:

More reasons to vote democratic.
RE: Libertards Want National Parks to Rot
One of the main reasons I haven't voted Republican in my life is their enmity to the environment.

The environment is just something to be exploited for profit.
This makes me think about the history of the Republican party with people like Teddy Roosevelt.  The new Republicans are traitors to their party from the past, and poor old Teddy must be spinning in his grave.  "Conservatives" should look up the word "conserve" in a dictionary.  Dumb fucks.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Teddy Roosevelt would hunt Neocons for sport.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(July 6, 2015 at 10:57 pm)Pizza Wrote: Teddy Roosevelt would hunt Neocons for sport.

That is a very pleasant image.  Thank you!

Now, if only this could be made into reality...

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1928 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2424 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 306 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7788 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does the US need a national hymm? brewer 11 554 February 3, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2108 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1538 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Who do you want to be the Democratic nominee in 2020? CapnAwesome 71 4060 September 14, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Nazis Want To Permanently Queer The Deal Minimalist 2 598 July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14937 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne