Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite patient risks, most docs, nurse practitioners go to work when sick
Despite patient risks, most docs, nurse practitioners go to work when sick
Quote:JAMA Pediatrics survey finds 8 in 10 clinicians won't call in sick due to staffing concerns, pressure to produce

Although they know the risks it poses to patients, most doctors and advanced practice clinicians (APCs) admit they go to work when sick, according to a new survey published in JAMA Pediatrics.

Why? The majority say it's because of staffing concerns, they don't want to let their colleagues or patients down, they fear their colleagues will ostracize them if they do call in sick and they have concerns about continuity of care.

http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/story/despite-patient-risks-most-docs-nurse-practitioners-go-work-when-sick/2015-07-07?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

So, if you were not sick before visiting your doctor, you might be afterwards.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Despite patient risks, most docs, nurse practitioners go to work when sick
I get my arse sent home or at least back to my office and told to stay away from the patients if I get a virus that's contagious.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 5 Personal Worst Pathogen Sick Nanny 27 2143 September 30, 2023 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Rainbow Xtian Therapist/ Atheist Patient Uberpod 32 3118 December 21, 2022 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Damn, I'm really sick: coughing, runny nose, sore throat vorlon13 45 7826 July 15, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Russia Declares Homeopathy "dangerous 'pseudoscience' that does not work" FatAndFaithless 58 14384 February 12, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: GUBU
  so impulsive, they coulda tried to work it out! jackman 2 1292 June 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: jackman