Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a new religion I can follow as an atheist!
Found a new religion I can follow as an atheist!
Guys what do you think of LeVayan Satanism? They are atheists and pretty much adhere to what most in this forum believe!

I am not seriously considering "switching allegiance" but it is an interesting thought. Have you heard of it? What do you think?\\

Many of my Google+ arguments (I know, not the best thing I have done) have lead to my religion opponent calling me a satanist, So i looked it Up, and it is an actual thing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
RE: Found a new religion I can follow as an atheist!
If it pisses off the christers and throws their religious freedoms back in their face....why not? c:
Why would I want to switch being an atheist with following yet another organized group. It's my individuality that counts and I'm certainly not interested in being associated with any group.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Tell us why we need to be members of any club?
What's in it for us that we don't already have here?
I'm sure there's plenty of atheists at the poof bar down the road, should I join that one also? hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Just to be clear: I am not a part of this organization nor do I want to be a part of it. I am not trying to encourage other to join in either!
LaVeyan satanism is not a religion - at least not in the common sense of religion. What makes it different than atheism is that those satanists deny the existense of the Christian god and devil but they do believe in the occult and some of them even work magic bullshit. Basically, the LaVeyan satanists are pagans.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
So basically, a different flavour of woo...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 9, 2015 at 6:37 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: LaVeyan satanism is not a religion - at least not in the common sense for religion. What makes it different than atheism is that those satanists deny the existense of the Christian god and devil but they do believe in the occult and some of them even work magic bullshit. Basically, the LaVeyan satanists are pagans.

Bleh. I'm allergic to woo -_-

I'm already in a sexual relationship with satan, does that make me a satanist?
(July 9, 2015 at 6:39 am)ignoramus Wrote: So basically, a different flavour of woo...

I gues you could call it that. Once upon a time I knew a few pagan satanists who worshipped an ancient Bulgarian god (Tangra) from the times when all Bulgarians were pagans.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
11 Rules of Satanism

Quote:Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.[4

Some rules I like such as don't give advice unless you are asked but others, such as destroying someone that bothers you is not something I would follow. I'm also not into magic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5867 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3147 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11124 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  How atheists can enjoy religion Ahriman 100 7553 September 5, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Todji812
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78642 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1849 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2832 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2558 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11603 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3317 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus