Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham
Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham
Problem with stuff like misogony, homophobia is.

Well its eternal in these books. Now you can get personally annoyed by some people if they annoy you, but it is different when it is rule one in the books of salvation. Point taken, sheep mentality. You get older, anxiety of death kicks in. And you get my drift whether you are Christian or muslim, hell scares you. Because its a philosophical argument that when you die if you go against god or the rules you are punished.

But how about this, why not make a new religion that is about heaven and hell, but saying if you go with chrisitian or islam religion it is more likely to take you towards death, have a philosopher or something challenge it. Because why do they have authority over it? And that if you go away from religion of self obvious goodness towards humans then that will lead you more to death and damnation and torture. So just saying.

Example, Christianity was not the first to have heaven and hell, Zoroastrianism i think was the predacestor to it, and thats a non abrahamic religion by persians. Only thing it lacked was "It never claimed authority of heaven and hell" meaning christian and muslim religion could scare people that if you dont believe in our religion you go to hell. So we need a religion that says if you follow certain values against our philosophical dogma like not trying to have good intentions or that stuff like treating people who havent done or deserved anything wrong, if you have no good intentions to try to make it right then you are going more closer to death.

Thats what we need

Point is people will always have sheep mentality, and death anxiety is normal. Only way to solve this is have another sheep mentality for good over the bad past of conflicts and tensions.
RE: Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham
I disagree that religion is a necessity.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham
People have done this, like the mormons, but it doesn't seem to carry as much weight if the cultural pressure isn't already there. I guess that's why cults are often isolationist. They get their own microcosm of cultural pressure, like the WBC.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

How about a new polytheistic religion? You get to pick and choose your gods that fit your ideals of good and evil. Get them right and there is never a fear of hell for you. Problem solved.

Woops, you've just created yet another fucked up way of thinking and existing in reality.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The battle is always between those who submit to God's proofs and leaders vs those who choose their leaders and make or follow religion without proof or make up their morality by their caprice.

Most Muslims ended up following regarding the religion things without proof simple because their scholars told them about the rigorous system of ilmel rijaal but all reason shows that it's a conjecture system based on circular reasoning.

And Quran and the family of that reminder, go together, and cannot be separated, no matter how much the dark forces try.
Soooooo basically you wanna start another cult.

Ya.... No. Those things never end well at all. There are plenty of examples of that.

If you're a smart person, you'd learn that religion is bullshit. No god is needed to carry out your daily life's activities. And once you're dead, you're dead. You can't take your worldly possessions with you so live for the moment and stop trying to look forward to dying. Otherwise you miss all of important things around you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
You mean if you outsmart yourself Aka dumb person who outsmarted themselves.
Given how diverse Humans are, it's no wonder that polytheism was more common than monotheism. I think probably the most likely type of religion to succeed would be something tht doesn't claim to have a personal god. Just be spiritual, or something that revolves around nature, since obviously the more healthy the world is, the more healthy Humanity is.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 17, 2018 at 10:00 am)Chad32 Wrote: Given how diverse Humans are, it's no wonder that polytheism was more common than monotheism. I think probably the most likely type of religion to succeed would be something tht doesn't claim to have a personal god. Just be spiritual, or something that revolves around nature, since obviously the more healthy the world is, the more healthy Humanity is.

Polytheism and Monotheism believes in the same things, it's just a matter of perspective how to go about the world and it's a battle of terminology.

We monotheists hold that at least one word is reserved for God regarding to the degree we value or exalt it, and that is the word "god" in English, Ilah in Arabic.

And I see the battle for terminology is huge in this age,  and many words that are key to understanding are losing their sacred hues and place they represented in the past.

That is why I finally understand, why revelation was sealed in a place where grammar was yet defined, where dictionaries did not exist, and where language was very much primordial.

And in the Quran for example, there is over 10 words for love, and all of them have different special meaning. But how to convey this in English? I don't know....

Ultimately people who want to make it ok to love themselves as much as God, need others gods to exist, and people who desire to journey endless and reverse the ultimate absolute being, need a word that distinguishes their love for that being from all others.

Polytheists believe God is greater but want to use terminology to equate others with the reverence he deserves. Mush it all up.
(June 17, 2018 at 10:00 am)Chad32 Wrote: Given how diverse Humans are, it's no wonder that polytheism was more common than monotheism. I think probably the most likely type of religion to succeed would be something tht doesn't claim to have a personal god. Just be spiritual, or something that revolves around nature, since obviously the more healthy the world is, the more healthy Humanity is.

Joseph Campbell believed the most beneficial system was Unitarian Universalist in nature, and he believed it was the future of humanity. Currently, humanity is divided by differences in beliefs, but unity could be achieved by having everyone believe in the same thing. Unfortunately, that is also a problem having been explored in Brave New World.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6156 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4016 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 7843 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2035 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 8892 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Don't like saying "I'm an atheist"? Try this instead. Gawdzilla Sama 40 7828 January 22, 2018 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My new religion: New Age Hedonism Transcended Dimensions 20 4512 October 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44750 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Why are the Abraham religions so interested in controlling people sexually NuclearEnergy 42 11129 June 21, 2017 at 11:27 am
Last Post: John V
  How to start a new sect/new religion for dummies. Brian37 28 4128 April 11, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman