Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to share a picture . . .
trying to share a picture . . .
[Image: 543905869067730946?utm_source=fb&fb_ref=..._medium=fb]
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: trying to share a picture . . .
You need to host the photo on line - photobucket or something similar and then get the url for it.
(July 10, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You need to host the photo on line - photobucket or something similar and then get the url for it.

But it was online . . .  Undecided
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(July 10, 2015 at 3:55 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(July 10, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You need to host the photo on line - photobucket or something similar and then get the url for it.

You're not doin' it right. Click on the image in FB (you'll see two arrows on both sides), right-click on the image, click on "copy image URL address" then paste it here.

Edit:

Open the image like this:
[Image: en3q3i5sro2.png]

Then do what I already told you.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(July 10, 2015 at 3:55 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:

Then you have to right click on it and hit "copy image location."  Then come back and paste it into the IMG tags from the tool bar above.
Moved thread to appropriate subforum
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Woo hoo!  Thanks guys for all the help!

[Image: B4xXgX-IQAAhK-2.jpg]
I don't even try to post pics here anymore.

And sadly, very very sadly, some of the other message boards I'm on (tech and sciency stuff) that utilize image hosting sites after even just a few months start losing pictures. Old reference threads (more important on tech sites than here) are almost devoid of images now as image hosting sites go away or members delete their accounts. It is really a tragic loss on some of those boards. (there's one tech site out there I visit that does pics the 'old fashioned' way, and it is fantastic they have never changed that feature, they have everything still that was ever posted since day one)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

With images being so hi-res nowadays, an image that used to be a couple of KB is now a couple of MB. The server space needed for this site to host all the pics we have on the threads here would be ridick.

I do agree that technical sites with walkthroughs are absolutely critical to maintain, but that isn't this site.

Using a hosting site isn't really that hard. I like Flickr. When you use the share function, it has an option for bbCode. You don't even have to type the img tags.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
"tinypic" is a great nofuss img sharing site.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picture display IATIA 3 1104 November 22, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Change Profile Picture? abtaylor 7 3658 June 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Trying to change my username My imaginary friend is GOD 16 4612 March 27, 2014 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Trying to close my account thechristophershow 51 21120 March 8, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  I am trying to close of or if not then deactivate my account!!! Ervin 33 10816 March 5, 2012 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  hey so, kind of trying to do a social study here jwsurvivors 0 1389 November 6, 2010 at 1:12 am
Last Post: jwsurvivors
  Posting Avatar Picture A Theist 2 2403 February 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Picture problems Craveman 6 2777 December 4, 2009 at 10:41 am
Last Post: leo-rcc