Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation!
Vacation!
Have you been this year, or do you plan to? Where to?

I've recently returned from a large family vacation in Florida. It was the first time my father's side of the family could all get together, all 20 of us.
We got to do quite a bit this year; sightseeing, the beach, excellent seafood restaurants etc. Unfortunately I missed out on deep sea fishing since I had to return to work this weekend but it was a lot of fun!
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Vacation!
That sounds fun!

Headed to Upstate NY in a couple of weeks to go to a family reunion of sorts at our camp in the Adirondacks. It's my favorite place in the world Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Pretty much I'm just going to Sacramento this year, for a weekend, because of a conference I am attending at Shriner's Hospital Northern California. I don't know anybody up there, but I did attend Sac State backin the late 90's, and their women's soccer team plays North Dakota on that weekend, so I hope to go. Also hopefully to Folsom to romp around old town, and go to the Harley shop there.

Next year, I am going to Juneau and Skagway, AK, Victoria, BC, and Seattle, WA. Family in Seattle and Victoria, and a cruise. Also hoping for a summer trip to Minneapolis for another conference.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I have three trips to FL planned in the next couple of months.

About this time next month, I'll be driving to FL for the annual Fantasy Football Draft Party. Yessir.

Then, in September, I will go down to FL again for my best buddy's bachelor party. Then again in October for the wedding.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm retired...for me a vacation would be "working."
I'm on vacay right now, at the sunny (haha, j/k) coast of [censored] c:
Going to Betws Y Coed in Wales for a week at the end of the month.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=betws+...CAcQ_AUoAg
(July 11, 2015 at 6:47 am)Napoléon Wrote: Going to Betws Y Coed in Wales for a week at the end of the month.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=betws+...CAcQ_AUoAg
It's a great part of the country isn't it? The place gets so busy in holiday times though.
(July 11, 2015 at 6:55 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: It's a great part of the country isn't it? The place gets so busy in holiday times though.

Where I'm actually going is a couple miles out from there, so hopefully it won't be rammed with hundreds of other weirdos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Go Go's "Vacation all you never wanted." Brian37 10 1082 July 13, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  European Vacation Jackalope 40 3372 February 17, 2018 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Crowd-sourcing Mrs. Rhythms European Vacation The Grand Nudger 4 889 December 30, 2015 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Vacation time! Dystopia 24 2167 August 31, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Going on vacation Dystopia 9 1664 July 27, 2014 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Vacation! Kayenneh 7 1001 June 10, 2013 at 11:23 am
Last Post: littleendian
Big Grin Need a Vacation? Cinjin 24 4645 December 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious