Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists
Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists
The title is self-explanatory.  Believers of whatever religious persuasion, please recommend a few books other than, say, the Bible, the Koran, the Gita, etc. that you think atheists might benefit from, if only to understand your positions a bit better.  If you wish, it might be helpful to provide a brief synopsis or at least a few lines about why you find the book valuable.

Wooters already recommended Swedenborg's Divine Providence in another thread, so I'll throw that out here on his behalf.  Of course, Chad is welcome to add to his suggestion.

For my part, I promise to read at least a few of the suggestions as time allows, provided they pique my interest here (though I should add that I have currently bitten off a lot with other books I am reading now and may not get to this for another few weeks).  That means don't bother with Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, and dross like that.  Let's try to keep the suggestions a bit more top-shelf.

I look forward to seeing your suggestions.
RE: Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists
I'm a psychic. Watch:

The Cathecism. And a bunch of books on why Jesus just had to exist, yo, and some clever ones to say the bible is all you need.

Am I right or am I horribly wrong right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 663 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What book has the most history? georgecarlin 43 5629 May 13, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15472 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8528 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4567 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1258 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Thought Experiment for Believers and Atheists Alike chimp3 39 8641 October 11, 2017 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  what believers accept without thinking Akat4891 17 6309 June 14, 2017 at 5:28 pm
  So, you're sitting in a tea shop, quietly reading a book... Gawdzilla Sama 70 16875 April 28, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus