Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book has the most history?
What book has the most history?
What book contains more ancient history than any other book written? Please let me know I'm studying theology in my liberal arts class.
RE: What book has the most history?
You are studying theology in your liberal arts class? Where are you going to school and what's your major?

BTW, the answer to your question is not The Bible.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

H2G2

Marvin
Smile
(May 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm)georgecarlin Wrote: What book contains more ancient history than any other book written? Please let me know I'm studying theology in my liberal arts class.

Great first post..... 

There are BOOKS, not one book, but books. And holy writings are not history books, they are merely reflections of of what claims the writers sold at the time.

History BOOKs are not theological, and don't sell, but merely report. 

One book by itself isn't going to give you a full picture. Studying anything takes time and multiple sources.
Remember new person...it's BOOKS or BOOKs because Brian talks in ABBA language. Lots of caps lock going on.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 12, 2019 at 1:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Remember new person...it's BOOKS or BOOKs because Brian talks in ABBA language.  Lots of caps lock going on.

ABBA are the initials of the members so of course that is going to be capitalized. 

I said BOOKS for the same reason you said "BTW the answer to your question is not The Bible". <--- Which is singular, as in one book. 

I think maybe, like me, you were anticipating a sock or troll.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I am majoring in anthropology and minoring in business. Can you name one book with as much history in it as the Bible?
The History of the History of the Ancients.
Book is a freaking word, you nitwit.

BTW is a common abbreviation, it's not a word...goddamn you are a dumbass.

WTAF. See - that's not a word either. It's me wondering what the actual fuck is wrong with you.

Is that a real book history of the ancients? What book or books contain as much historical reality as the Bible? Now I'm atheist, a stone cold one for real. This isn't trolling, I am just trying to get some good secondhand knowledge by some fellow atheist, oh and if your a theist, fuck you asshole! jk i love all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22454 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  So, you're sitting in a tea shop, quietly reading a book... Gawdzilla Sama 70 16878 April 28, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Video Is the generally accepted version of history a faith based religion? trustyoursources 47 5135 March 25, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  Why are Christians so ignorant of their religions history and it's crimes GoHalos1993 24 7348 December 7, 2015 at 10:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Following the Good Book Mermaid 22 5445 October 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Athene
  possible origins of islam (higher criticism scholars/ history nuts welcome) Psychonaut 18 5477 August 6, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Essential Reading for Theists (A book recommendation thread) Clueless Morgan 18 4247 July 14, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists Crossless2.0 1 1163 July 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3189 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  The Book of Abiogenesis Nintentacle 2 1507 November 5, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: robvalue