Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Plane Crash Survivor Smarter Than Dad
Young Plane Crash Survivor Smarter Than Dad
It's a miracle.

Quote:David Veatch, the father of 16-year-old Autumn Veatch, said his daughter hiked for two days through the rugged Cascade Mountains in Washington after surviving a plane crash and is in, "amazing physical shape," considering, reports CBS affiliate KIRO.

Autumn Veatch was flying from Montana to Washington with her step-grandparents on Saturday when their private plane disappeared. The teen says she walked out of the woods two days later near Mazama, Washington.

"She's a teenager, she's young, she's strong," David Veatch said. "She has some amazing gifts."

"Yes, it's a miracle," David Veatch said. "We had, I don't know how many people say they're praying for her on Facebook. Yes, I believe it works. Now, if I can convince her to come to church with me."

Dad doesn't sound confident young Autumn will be crediting God for her survival. Good for her!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Young Plane Crash Survivor Smarter Than Dad
Wouldn't a "miracle" have been if the plane had not crashed and her grandparents not been killed?

Seems to me the miracle is that the kid is so smart while dad is an asshole.
RE: Young Plane Crash Survivor Smarter Than Dad
I have been reading about this story and I am very happy the young lady made it out alive.

These kind of statements by Christians are actually disturbing. The girl's grandparents died. The pilot died. How arrogant to claim that your imaginary deity kept one person alive at the expense of all those other lives. Hopefully, the girl isn't guilted into accepting religion. The father has every right to be happy but why not credit the daughter? He said in another interview that he and his daughter liked to watch survival shows. Maybe he needs to credit those tv shows also or himself for enjoying spending time with his daughter watching tv

The news made a point to say that these were the young lady's step grandparents. In the same report, one program said multiple times that the grandparents were step grandparents. I have no idea why that is important. If she is close to the parents of her step parent then they are her grandparents and there is no reason for the news to keep repeating the word, step

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 352 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Holocaust survivor perishes as the result of another war Foxaèr 12 1313 May 2, 2022 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 180 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 893 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump turning young people against the church TaraJo 13 981 November 3, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash Brian37 190 16822 February 24, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  President Bush The Smarter Has Passed Away Minimalist 101 5373 December 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 349 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1030 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11146 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0