Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash
Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash
FORMER NBA legend Kobe Bryant is dead due to a helicopter accident. https://www.si.com/nba/2020/01/26/kobe-b...les-lakers
RE: Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash
Well, that's...wow.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A day after the LeBron thing. That's weird.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 26, 2020 at 4:31 pm)brewer Wrote: A day after the LeBron thing. That's weird.

Huh?
I was going to post: "What a terrible loss to basketball." because I'm watching a piece of filth Christian Film (God is Not Dead 2) which has made me put my cynical blinkers on. Actually, Basketball was huge to me in my youth, absolutely huge, and Kobe was THE BEST star so actually, RIP very sincerely. :lighter:
(January 26, 2020 at 4:55 pm)Editz Wrote: I was going to post: "What a terrible loss to basketball." because I'm watching a piece of filth Christian Film (God is Not Dead 2) which has made me put my cynical blinkers on. Actually, Basketball was huge to me in my youth, absolutely huge, and Kobe was THE BEST star so actually, RIP very sincerely. :lighter:

I don't care what sport it is. It has always bothered me knowing that most pro sports players, of any sport, attribute their success to a sky hero. But in times like this, I put that aside, and simply say the person attributed to the game, which he did, and his fans will miss him.
In that case I see an opportunity to ridicule Christianity Brian37: I wonder if it was God or the Devil who made that helicopter accident...hmmmmmmm...
Well what was he doing in a chopper? I mean he's retired person so it's not like he's in hurry.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(January 26, 2020 at 5:10 pm)Editz Wrote: In that case I see an opportunity to ridicule Christianity Brian37: I wonder if it was God or the Devil who made that helicopter accident...hmmmmmmm...

It is not a matter of ridicule to have empathy for your fellow humans. His death is an unfortunate matter of reality. Arguing over the cause in super hero terms is absurd to me sure. But having watched my own late mother take her last breath in her nursing home, it is not anything I wish on anyone, regardless of what I may think of their logic in times like this.''
(January 26, 2020 at 4:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 26, 2020 at 4:31 pm)brewer Wrote: A day after the LeBron thing. That's weird.

Huh?

The day before Bryant was killed, LeBron James beat his all-time scoring record.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 183 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 917 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 355 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1047 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11317 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  C-130 crash kills at least 5 in GA c172 1 471 May 2, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Self-driving shuttle bus in crash on first day. Succubus 13 1506 November 11, 2017 at 2:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Russian helicopter accidentally fires on bystanders Jello 6 1380 September 21, 2017 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Plane crash in South America Catholic_Lady 36 11031 November 30, 2016 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Russian Plane Crash Minimalist 70 7630 November 17, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist