Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion is metaphysical BDSM
Religion is metaphysical BDSM
This has bugged me for a long time. I am a self admitted sadomasochist and was born into a Christian home and became a fairly devout Muslim and moved on to Hinduism, Satanism and Paganism. 
I have noticed a very common thread amongst most dogma based religions and it is that they are very reminiscent of a BDSM scene. In Islam Muslim are taught that mankind is created as the abd al-Allah(The Slave of Allah) hence the common name Abdullah. That the greatest honor is Ibdah (Submission in the slave sense). That Allah will also punish Muslims temporarily for their wrongs and be sent to Jahannam (Hell or Gehenna) for their displeasing of Allah. Now the same applies for Christiniaty except for the temporary hell, keep in mind also that the word slave is replaced with servant in the Bible on purpose hence the misuse of Greek words like "doulos," so it is still there just covered up because of modern liberalism. 

Now with all of this in mind it would seem that somebody would have caught on and said . . . "Hey, this god character sounds like my kind of dom!" but sadly this has not happened to many. Now having known many sadists and masochists in my life and I have found that many of them hold this identical opinion about many religions. Even Hinduism has this same masochistic concept of divine enslavement and very erotic passions being  displayed towards the gods. 

Please tell me that someone else has realized this!
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
RE: Religion is metaphysical BDSM
Well, of course. Makes it easier to control the masses if you tell them they're worthless and you alone hold the remedy. It's the same with the enmity towards sex. Control their impulses and make the feel unworthy and you can make them play ball.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I think religions are a big influence on BDSM. Isn't religion a good preparation for it?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 16, 2015 at 10:06 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I think religions are a big influence on BDSM.  Isn't religion a good preparation for it?

Perhaps. BDSM is way more fun than religion, however.
[Image: pictures-jesus-cross.jpg]

[Image: beb77743b9b8aa94a964421e492cef8b.jpg]

Hmmm...Interesting.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Both scare the living shit out of me
"Fifty Shades of Jesus" - the sequel!
(July 17, 2015 at 12:53 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Both scare the living shit out of me

BS! BDSM is friggin awesome! You should try spanking your lover like I do Wink
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10701 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4894 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19763 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49210 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5181 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused