Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bionic eye implant world first

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33571412

Looks very low resolution, but better that what god left him with. I am sure it will improve with time
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Bionic eye implant world first
Science 1
God 0
It's a start.

Losing my eyesight is my greatest fear. I honestly don't understand how anyone copes with it. If I was diagnosed with macular degeneration, I would take myself out.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(July 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: It's a start.

Losing my eyesight is my greatest fear. I honestly don't understand how anyone copes with it. If I was diagnosed with macular degeneration, I would take myself out.

It's not that bad after the first year. The first year you kind of lose your mind, between anxiety and sensory deprivation and overload all at once. You tend to be a little hysterical. Mobility is scary as shit. I get panicked when things get too loud, or things vibrate. After awhile you adjust. It's not that bad. No need to kill yourself.
I wish they would get to work on replacing optic nerves! They just came out with the remake of FF7! This sucks I wanna play!
Oh, science, you do such work to sort out god's little mistakes....
Dying to live, living to die.
Heathens! The whole lot of you! God gave these scientists the ability to develop this technology. It is by his grace.
What was that about the complexity of the eye proving intelligent design again?
(July 21, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: What was that about the complexity of the eye proving intelligent design again?

I think and a lot of other blind people kinda proved them wrong by existing
(July 21, 2015 at 6:28 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: What was that about the complexity of the eye proving intelligent design again?

The eye, it would seem, is poorly designed.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index...human-eye/

Quote:The most obvious design flaw of the retina is that the cellular layers are backwards. Light has to travel through multiple layers in order to get to the rods and cones that act as the photo-receptors. There is no functional reason for this arrangement – it is purely quirky and contingent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1044 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Tips on how to boost eye health purplepurpose 24 2532 March 3, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The "Complexity of the Eye", for stupid creationists. Gawdzilla Sama 10 1852 December 8, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Missing Link and the Irreducible Complexity of the Eye Rhondazvous 73 22779 June 8, 2017 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Single celled creature with functioning eye. downbeatplumb 19 6182 December 14, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What part of the world did the first humans assemble? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! 18 3785 October 18, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Smile World’s First GM Babies Born Big Blue Sky 12 3730 June 28, 2013 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Eye the Size of a Softball thesummerqueen 22 5908 October 15, 2012 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Light-powered bionic eye invented to help restore sight zebo-the-fat 7 4084 June 13, 2012 at 5:37 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Ten Sticks in the Eye for Creationist Morons in 2011 Minimalist 5 3167 January 1, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels