Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:54 pm

Poll: Does god know what number I'm thinking of?
This poll is closed.
No.
66.67%
4 66.67%
Yes, but he won't tell me.
0%
0 0%
Yes, and he has told me.
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists: Can god read my mind?
Theists: Can god read my mind?
I've put this challenge to people at various points, and I thought it's time to make it official.

I'm thinking of a four digit number. It's a whole number between 1,000 and 9,999. No silly tricks. I've been thinking of the same number since I first challenged someone.

Here is my question for the poll: does god know what I'm thinking, and if so, will he tell you? If he does, please post the number.

Of course it won't be definitive proof of god, but it would be some evidence that something is actually going on.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Theists: Can god read my mind?
"It doesn't work like that"

Like when you play the same game with a 'psychic'. Charlatans are experts at evasion and obfuscating, and people with God claims to peddle are no different.

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
It's 6,666 innit you clever devil c:
(July 22, 2015 at 4:14 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: "It doesn't work like that"

Like when you play the same game with a 'psychic'. Charlatans are experts at evasion and obfuscating, and people with God claims to peddle are no different.

I could have put "god's day off" as an option I suppose Tongue
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Guys, you are fucking hilarious!
And even if that "was" the number Rob had in mind? Then what? There's no prize?
It's not like anybody is going to start believing any different!
All Rob has to do is repeat the experiment again and again. Anybody can be lucky once!

I couldn't stop laughing!

(4979)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
My hypothesis is that God doesn't "know" anything that the particular theist doesn't already know. This is a way they can demonstrate that isn't true, or at least give some evidence of it.

Index of my best videos
robvalue, a problem with your proposal is that all it takes is 8,999 different guesses and someone will get it right for sure.  There are many more religious people than that, so someone would get the right answer at some point, if enough were inclined to play your game.  And since there are different competing religions, the one who got it right could simply say that the ones who got is wrong were wrong because they believe false religions instead of the One True Religion.  So I think you might want to work out the details of your proposal a bit more than you have.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
No.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
god told me you're a closet perv and the number is 6969.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yes. Well, your god can read your mind, because if you have a god that's where it is. My mind isn't configured for god. But even if it were, my god would only be able to read my mind. How in hell should it know what you're thinking of. That would be silly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on mind miaharun 19 1017 March 3, 2022 at 11:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11126 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24791 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5218 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32629 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2362 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17008 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3515 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16728 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Satirical logic for the atheistic mind Drich 158 18172 June 13, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Amarok