Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles?
I was looking through FSTDT when I discovered this post.

Here's the post in its entirety:

Quote:Egomoral has conducted a ‘pedophilia’ survey since May 2014. Since then the survey was taken over 200 times. The quiz asks that  only straight males participate. The quiz asks males whether they are attracted to certain pre-pubescent, pubescent or post-pubescent physical female traits. Based on how many pre-bubescent or pubescent traits were preferred, sexual preference was estimated.
The data shows that 91.4% of heterosexual males are non-exclusive pedophiles and  41.4% are exclusive pedophiles. Only 19.6% of the straight male population prefer post-pubescent traits in females i.e. hair in arm pits, hair on pubic area, hair on legs, large facial pores, proportionately smaller eyes.
This data helps to explain why most post-pubescent females in modern society must spend a great deal of time, everyday, imitading pubescent traits.
Most of all, this data shows that most straight males are attracted to juvenile traits in females.

Let's ignore the blatant moral problems with this (trust me, FSTDT is doing well enough in their efforts to take the site down, especially after they took down The Philosophy of Rape) and go over the blatant factual problems with this claim:
  • Non-exclusive pedophiles and exclusive pedophiles are mutually exclusive categories: if you add the two statistics together, the numbers add up to significantly higher than 100%.
  • Egomoral is a pro-pedophile website. Naturally, you're going to have higher-than-average rates of pedophile readers. Hell, even if this was on a more neutral site, there's a good chance that if pedophiles discovered the site, they could easily either hack into the poll and inflate the numbers or inflate the numbers by simply spreading the word while most normal people would ignore it.
  • Even if that wasn't a problem, 200 people is far too small a sample size.
  • Standards of beauty are prone to changing rapidly. For instance, can you imagine "All About That Bass," sung by a plus-sized woman about embracing that plus-sizedness being popular ten years ago?
  • Elsewhere on the site, the site considers things like enhancing lip size and wearing high heels to be typically childlike, even though they're nothing of the sort.
  • Most men who aren't dermatologists don't care about the size of female pores.
  • When discussing "pre-pubescent traits" men supposedly prefer, breast size is noticably absent. Could it perhaps be because it would blow a massive hole in the theory they're trying to promote?
Anything other blatant I may have missed?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles?
Quote:Only 19.6% of the straight male population prefer post-pubescent traits in females i.e. hair in arm pits, hair on pubic area, hair on legs, large facial pores, proportionately smaller eyes.

Shaving has been popular for women for a long time in the United States. A woman without armpit or pubic hair doesn't look like a prepubescent female. There are other indications of a woman's age besides hair.

If a woman likes a clean shaven man does she also have pedophilic tendencies?
(July 22, 2015 at 11:12 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Anything other blatant I may have missed?

Possibly, but that's just because they've got so many, not because you didn't do a good job.

I read FSTDT all the time.  In fact, it's how I found Atheist Forums.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I'm surprised there is no poll here.
Are they double counting some men or perhaps throwing the few pedophile ladies in with the guys? Otherwise 132% strikes me as implausibly high.
(July 22, 2015 at 12:10 pm)KUSA Wrote: I'm surprised there is no poll here.

What is there to poll about here? I'm sure most posters here, even the most hardcore separated from reality Fundamentalists, are likely to share very similar negative views about this site.

(July 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Are they double counting some men or perhaps throwing the few pedophile ladies in with the guys?  Otherwise 132% strikes me as implausibly high.

What I think they meant was that 91.4% of men who took their survey were non-exclusive or exclusive pedophiles and 41.4% were exclusive pedophiles.

They're missing an "at least," as in "91.4% of men showed at least a non-exclusive attraction to children, and 41.4% showed an exclusive attraction."

Even if that's what they meant to say, that claim's still absurd for reasons that Rev. Rye pointed out (equivocation of "pre-pubescent traits" with attraction to pre-pubescent people, bias in the polling population, etc).  If I recall correctly, the more scientific studies have found that something like 5% to 15% of men have some attraction to pre-pubescent children.  I'll try to get a few cites on that.

Edit:

Not a scientific cite, but a brief description of some studies (RationalWiki.org):

"In a sample of nearly 200 university males, 21% reported some sexual attraction to small children, 9% described sexual fantasies involving children, 5% admitted to having masturbated to sexual fantasies of children, and 7% indicated they might have sex with a child if not caught. In another sample with 100 male and 180 female undergraduate students, 22% of males and 3% of females reported sexual attraction to a child.

In a sample of 80 volunteers, about 25% self-reported some pedophilic interest or in the plethysmographic phase exhibited penile arousal to a child that equaled or exceeded arousal to an adult. In a control group of 66 males recruited from hospital staff and the community, 17% showed a penile response that was pedophilic.

An estimate of 1 percent of the male population has pedophilic disorder, and it is assumed that a much smaller proportion of the female population has it."
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I don't even care about the math man.

'Imitading'.

I'll go cry now.
(July 22, 2015 at 1:39 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I don't even care about the math man.

'Imitading'.

I'll go cry now.

Yes, for the record, I did copy/paste it directly from the site itself. It's not a fault in transcription by me or FSTDT. The spelling errors are in the original.

Yeah, that's obvious crap. About the worst 'study' I've seen in quite a while.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 363 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  How did men survive this? Losty 23 3360 May 11, 2019 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  It must be true, because it's a Catholic study Foxaèr 15 1869 January 14, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Pregnant blood kills men! brewer 7 1113 October 26, 2017 at 7:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  In the future men will be able to carry children just like women rado84 110 11108 October 4, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: mcolafson
  Interesting Study Minimalist 3 761 August 19, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Interesting Study.... Minimalist 0 704 April 5, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Men are better than women in combat SmootherPebble 61 17063 September 11, 2015 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: thehedglin
  The Secual Experience for Men Rhondazvous 15 2801 July 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Genetic study suggest Polynesians had contact with Native Americans before Columbus Anomalocaris 0 922 October 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris