Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It must be true, because it's a Catholic study
It must be true, because it's a Catholic study
Quote:New Research Shows Increased Risks of Same-sex Parenting

Contrary to the narrative pushed by academia and the mainstream media, there is increasing evidence that same-sex parenting has negative effects on children.

An article published last month by Catholic University of America sociology professor Paul Sullins found children with same-sex parents suffer emotional problems two to three times as often as children raised by opposite-sex parents.

Sullins believes that well-conducted studies will continue to show harms and that people will be forced to grapple with the data and come to a recognition of the truth: Namely, that God designed children for relationship with their married biological mother and father.

But he doesn’t think that will happen anytime soon.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/...nting.html

I wonder how much Catholic bias went into this study.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: It must be true, because it's a Catholic study
Even if their numbers are right (haven't read the full study so I don't know the validity of their methods), what a strange time to draw cause from correlation. One thing that comes to mind is many children raised by same-sex couples are adopted. I'm sure whatever caused the child to lose their biological parents would contribute to their emotional problems.

The other thing that really bothers me about this argument is it is a slap in the face to single parents.
The divorce rate between heterosexual couples is at about 50%. Guess the catlick church is okay with kids that come from broken homes though.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Here's a proper write up on the "research" of "professor" Sullins.

As expected, it's about as rigourous as Regnerus or Hovind.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Same sex parents may not be as ideal for the child as having both a mother and a father, but it's still a hell of a lot better than the foster system or orphanage.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 22, 2017 at 7:18 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Same sex parents may not be as ideal for the child as having both a mother and a father, but it's still a hell of a lot better than the foster system or orphanage.

Actually CL, if you read the abstract's conclusion that's kind of what the study said. You can't compare the two, it's apples and oranges. 

Here is the study, read the "Conclusion": http://www.journalrepository.org/media/j...S15823.pdf
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Here's what the editors of the site say about themselves.

Quote:ChristianHeadlines.com is brought to you by a group of Christian writers and editors who are dedicated to creating a well-rounded look at what’s happening across the globe from a Christian worldview. Our vision is to inform and inspire productive discussion about the current events and online trends that shape our lives, our churches and our world.

Now, xtians don't think catholicks are xtians so for them to be fawning all over them does set off bullshit detectors.
selective outrage at Catholicworld ?

OMFG !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lol the 'study' is clearly going to agree with their religious beliefs.
Although I've only slimmed the paper, this isn't a "Catholic study", but a peer-reviewed paper. Whether the results are subject to debate depends on the choice of papers used for meta-analysis. However, it is known there are a huge number of backgrounds which lead to detrimental effects on children during development, and whether we like it or not, same-sex parents is one of these. Quite why isn't fully understood, but could be due to parental alienation problems, such as the absence of a 'full-time' mother or father (which is a common problem with single parent families), adoption, confusion when children become aware of reproduction, etc.
Simply because something is published in a source you do not like, don't dismiss it out of hand as cherry-picking or confirmation bias.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We must de-stigmatize eugenics Alexmahone 62 5908 August 17, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Joods
  True Facts About... chimp3 0 444 June 17, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Interesting Study Minimalist 3 761 August 19, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  If Evil-lution is true... YahwehIsTheWay 32 3878 June 7, 2016 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Interesting Study.... Minimalist 0 703 April 5, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles? Rev. Rye 9 3187 July 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Genetic study suggest Polynesians had contact with Native Americans before Columbus Anomalocaris 0 922 October 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Need study suggest vestigial whale hip bone serves a purpose Dolorian 2 1547 September 11, 2014 at 11:00 pm
  Our brains got bigger because of starvation Laza 9 2327 June 30, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Lightbulb Study:Strongly held incorrect beliefs often cannot be changed by disputing facts MountainsWinAgain 17 3885 May 23, 2014 at 4:45 pm