Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swearing
Swearing
Idk if you noticed but I don't always have the cleanest mouth Tongue

But I know a lot of people who get butthurt over cussing. What's your opinion of it?

To me they're just words. They're good for adding emphasis. Most of the time there's no emotion behind my cussing, but it's associated with anger and aggressiveness. I get that with vulgar insults, but the rest don't seem aggressive to me.

I noticed the more religious a person, the more outraged they get over swearwords.....coinkydoink?
RE: Swearing
blow it out your ass and fucking die shithead

Tongue

(WDSTC?)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

OP:

[Image: D05SG2A.jpg]
Ever since I've noticed that people in the bible belt seriously believe that the words of the English language are magical, and swear words summon the devil and make baby Jesus cry or something, I have realized the vital importance of swearing for the future of the human race. So fuck swearing!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 27, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Napoléon Wrote: OP:

[Image: D05SG2A.jpg]

Thank you, Captain Obvious
When someone swears with you around, that means you're in their circle. It becomes a trust thing. That's how it is where I live. Sorta like when your dad lets you try beer for the first time.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 27, 2015 at 12:27 pm)Exian Wrote: When someone swears with you around, that means you're in their circle. It becomes a trust thing. That's how it is where I live. Sorta like when your dad lets you try beer for the first time.

To expand on my experience about swearing the bible belt - you wouldn't believe the instant switch in language when before the church BBQ when I went pick up the supplies with the guys and the ladies were out of sight.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(July 27, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Alex K Wrote: Ever since I've noticed that people in the bible belt seriously believe that the words of the English language are magical, and swear words summon the devil and make baby Jesus cry or something, I have realized the vital importance of swearing for the future of the human race. So fuck swearing!

Fuck the holy spirit up the ass with a rusty chainsaw and its mother too?
(July 27, 2015 at 12:34 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(July 27, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Alex K Wrote: Ever since I've noticed that people in the bible belt seriously believe that the words of the English language are magical, and swear words summon the devil and make baby Jesus cry or something, I have realized the vital importance of swearing for the future of the human race. So fuck swearing!

Fuck the holy spirit up the ass with a rusty chainsaw and its mother too?

Tsk tsk, no chainsaw rape threats please, that doesn't resonate with my PC sense of PC at all!

Quote:But I know a lot of people who get butthurt over cussing. What's your opinion of it?

Fuck them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists care less about swearing? robvalue 67 7216 September 19, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Losty