Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do atheists care less about swearing?
Do atheists care less about swearing?
It's been my general experience that atheists, on the whole, aren't as bothered by swearing as (religious) theists. They tend to swear more themselves, and are less worried when others do it.

To me, it's not the words used that matter, it's the intent behind the words.

Have other people noticed such a trend? It does make some sense, in that I've found many religious people have problems with things that I don't consider of any importance.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Do atheists care less about swearing?
Rob, when you tell theists you're an atheist, and they tell you to burn in hell for all eternity in the lake of fire, that's not swearing.
They're just following the standard operating procedure ... it's nothing personal! They say it to dogs that bite them...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I've been told I swear like a drunk sailor.

This offends me.

I swesr far more proficiently than any inebriated seaman.

And my dear, Catholic mother, makes me look like a raw amateur when she gets her back up about something...
Dying to live, living to die.
Personally I think that the tabooing of words is ridiculous, even thought so when I was a Christian. So, hey, curse it up.

Fuck. Big Grin
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I can't speak for all atheist but I personally don't care about swearing
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 18, 2015 at 5:34 am)Beccs Wrote: I've been told I swear like a drunk sailor.

This offends me.

I swesr far more proficiently than any inebriated seaman.

And my dear, Catholic mother, makes me look like a raw amateur when she gets her back up about something...

I'm a retired chief petty officer. If you want to have a swear-off some time, just let me know. You buy the booze.  Tongue
Fuck, I'd fucking like to fucking cut fucking back on my fucking swearing, Jesus Fucking Christ. If you fucking swear fucking too fucking much the fucking words fucking lose the fucking impact, fuck.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Meh, I don't give two shits rubbed together.

(September 18, 2015 at 6:08 am)Pizza Wrote: Fuck, I'd fucking like to fucking cut fucking back on my fucking swearing, Jesus Fucking Christ. If you fucking swear fucking too fucking much the fucking words fucking lose the fucking impact, fuck.

You're doing it wrong.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 18, 2015 at 6:08 am)Pizza Wrote: Fuck, I'd fucking like to fucking cut fucking back on my fucking swearing, Jesus Fucking Christ. If you fucking swear fucking too fucking much the fucking words fucking lose the fucking impact, fuck.

Row the other way mate.  Tongue
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8383 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone? Edwardo Piet 11 1541 December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2140 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Idiot's guide to taking care of a frying pan? Chad32 29 4681 February 23, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am going to try to be less verbose. Edwardo Piet 60 9250 November 6, 2016 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Regina
Exclamation Less than 8 hours to go Aractus 32 5513 December 16, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Taking care of elderly family being only child. Brian37 22 3841 December 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Do you care about your significant other's sexual past? CapnAwesome 187 19026 August 7, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Swearing Longhorn 50 5717 July 28, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  'God' is starting to make less sense to me. (rant) IanHulett 45 6778 June 19, 2015 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman