Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this look like a racist attack to you?
Does this look like a racist attack to you?
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shocking-cctv-...ml#pJnu950

Quote:Shocking footage has emerged of a “vicious” and “cowardly” attack on a man by a gang of 12 in London.

The assault happened at about 10pm on May 31 on Tower Bridge when a 29-year-old man walking home from a friend’s wedding was targeted.
In the unprovoked attack, captured on CCTV, the man is hit on the back of the head then shoved to the ground and kicked repeatedly.
Luckily, he was left with only cuts and bruises from the minute-long attack.
The footage was released by City of London Police, who say they are looking for a group of up to 12 Asian men who carried out the attack.

This is really one for people in the UK... does anyone else think that the headline would be vastly different if the attackers were white and the victim asian? I can't help but think the word 'racist' would somehow be flung in there. Yet, rather strangely, it's just reported on like this is an out of the blue attack with no estimation at all of what the motives might be.

I don't know the actual reasons of why this guy was attacked, ofcourse, I may well be wrong, but I think it looks pretty obvious that this is some kind of targeted attack. I have a hard time believing a bunch of 12 asian yobs would attack another unsuspecting asian guy... especially if he looked like a muslim.
RE: Does this look like a racist attack to you?
But white people can't be the victims of racism because white privilege and superstructure and other buzzwords I read on Tumblr.
(July 30, 2015 at 11:42 am)Napoléon Wrote: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shocking-cctv-...ml#pJnu950

Quote:Shocking footage has emerged of a “vicious” and “cowardly” attack on a man by a gang of 12 in London.

The assault happened at about 10pm on May 31 on Tower Bridge when a 29-year-old man walking home from a friend’s wedding was targeted.
In the unprovoked attack, captured on CCTV, the man is hit on the back of the head then shoved to the ground and kicked repeatedly.
Luckily, he was left with only cuts and bruises from the minute-long attack.
The footage was released by City of London Police, who say they are looking for a group of up to 12 Asian men who carried out the attack.

This is really one for people in the UK... does anyone else think that the headline would be vastly different if the attackers were white and the victim asian? I can't help but think the word 'racist' would somehow be flung in there. Yet, rather strangely, it's just reported on like this is an out of the blue attack with no estimation at all of what the motives might be.

I don't know the actual reasons of why this guy was attacked, ofcourse, I may well be wrong, but I think it looks pretty obvious that this is some kind of targeted attack. I have a hard time believing a bunch of 12 asian yobs would attack another unsuspecting asian guy... especially if he looked like a muslim.

I always wondered why race made things worse.
Someone getting hit is someone getting hit, the hitter will always have some motive which may not instantly be obvious. What matters is the action not the motive.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

downbeatplumb ' Wrote: I always wondered why race made things worse.
Someone getting hit is someone getting hit, the hitter will always have some motive which may not instantly be obvious. What matters is the action not the motive.

It's not that its worse. No one insinuated that. But it has more connotations if a bunch of asian (muslim) men are doing targeted attacks like this than if they were attacking just for his phone or typical yobo stuff. It strikes me as terribly naive for someone to say "I don't see how race makes it worse". The same response wouldn't be given if it was a bunch of KKK members beating down on black people in the US I'm sure. Let's be real, it's more than a little different when race/religion or any kind of targeting like this is done. Why? Because it highlights a much deeper undercurrent of hatred, whereas just opportunistically attacking for other reasons doesn't necessarily have that. So no, motives do matter. Pretty stupid to say otherwise IMO.
The liberal left-leaning press are of the opinion that you can only be racist if you are in the majority, because only the majority has the power to discriminate. They tend to believe the same thing about sexism too.

It's why I oppose hate crime legislation. It's utterly pointless. Physically attacking someone is already illegal. It's not like beating up a non-white, gay woman was legal before hate crime legislation came along.
I'm led to believe, at least in the US, that white folks like me enjoy the fruits of institutionalized racism against non whites. So random racist actions against me don't count. Because the country's institutions still favor my pale skin.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
When will the left leaning media learn that asswipes come in all colors?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I can't even make out what's happening in that video, let alone why.
(August 1, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Rahul Wrote: I'm led to believe, at least in the US, that white folks like me enjoy the fruits of institutionalized racism against non whites. So random racist actions against me don't count. Because the country's institutions still favor my pale skin.

They matter as well. You simply choose to use impersonal racism to offset it. But when your face is being kicked I because of your skin color, who.holds the power in society is not going to be foremost in your mind. Your victimization at the moment will hold pride of place.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I was being sarcastic, Tan.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 518 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1679 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 492 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 483 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Macron begins to retreat from his racist, xenophobic statements about Islam WinterHold 17 663 November 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 415 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Maths is racist! Who knew? ignoramus 27 1003 July 1, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8561 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1368 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1546 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one