Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Christian Persecution
A Little Christian Persecution
Persecution by Christians I mean.  I get tired of hearing about Christians being persecuted in the United State where they are in the majority.  I get even tireder when I hear what it is that they consider persecution.  So I thought I post a few examples of real Christian persecution:

In the  Swainsboro Primary School in Georgia teachers not only held prayers in school, the effectively punished the children of atheist parents by sending the children out into the hall during prayers.  Some teachers even pulled the atheist children aside during lunch to attempt to convert them. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ve-in-god/

A second grad boy in Fort Wayne Community Schools, Indiana, was asked by a female classmate where he went to church.  He responded that he did not go to church because he did not believe in god.  She said that his answer hurt her feelings.  The playground supervisor told him she was very concerned about what he had done and the she would contact his mother.  She did not contact his mother, instead she made the boy sit by himself during lunch for having offended other students. http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local...er-7378928

[/url]
Not exactly feeding atheists to the lions, but then I don't see any atheist teachers making pariahs of Christian children either.
[url=http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/courts/Religion-focus-ofsuit-vs--teacher-7378928]
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: A Little Christian Persecution
I shall make you even more tired by being a grammar Nazi.

tireder is not a word.
More tired is correct.

But otherwise, yes, I agree with you. Fuck theists who think they are being persecuted when they know nothing of the concept.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
She said his answer hurt her feelings? Apparently the school's science teachers aren't teaching them the Theory of Cause and Effect. If she plays with fire, she'll burn her fingers. If she asks a nonbeliever why he doesn't believe in God, she'll have her ideologies contradicted.
What they consider to be persecution is an insult to people being actually persecuted, too. Hell, the OTHER christians in muslim countries could fucking use the sort of persecution the US christers face -_-
(August 3, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Persecution by Christians I mean.  I get tired of hearing about Christians being persecuted in the United State where they are in the majority.  I get even tireder when I hear what it is that they consider persecution.  So I thought I post a few examples of real Christian persecution:

In the  Swainsboro Primary School in Georgia teachers not only held prayers in school, the effectively punished the children of atheist parents by sending the children out into the hall during prayers.  Some teachers even pulled the atheist children aside during lunch to attempt to convert them. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ve-in-god/

A second grad boy in Fort Wayne Community Schools, Indiana, was asked by a female classmate where he went to church.  He responded that he did not go to church because he did not believe in god.  She said that his answer hurt her feelings.  The playground supervisor told him she was very concerned about what he had done and the she would contact his mother.  She did not contact his mother, instead she made the boy sit by himself during lunch for having offended other students. http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local...er-7378928

[/url]
Not exactly feeding atheists to the lions, but then I don't see any atheist teachers making pariahs of Christian children either.
[url=http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/courts/Religion-focus-ofsuit-vs--teacher-7378928]

That's because you haven't searched for those, Christian children have been told a several schools they are not allowed to say a blessing before they eat, seems a shame when teachers deter thankfulness.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
You I would throw to lions, G-C.  Then you'd know what fucking persecution is.
(August 4, 2015 at 12:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: That's because you haven't searched for those, Christian children have been told a several schools they are not allowed to say a blessing before they eat, seems a shame when teachers deter thankfulness.

GC

CITATION, please.
(August 4, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 4, 2015 at 12:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: That's because you haven't searched for those, Christian children have been told a several schools they are not allowed to say a blessing before they eat, seems a shame when teachers deter thankfulness.

GC

CITATION, please.

Oh, and GC? If you do give the citation that I think you're going to give, if you give a citation at all, then please know beforehand that I know the full story and will absolutely post it when you attempt to pass off the self serving half truth right wing christian groups have been spinning since it "happened." I've done it before, and I absolutely will do it again the moment you attempt to lie.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(August 4, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:

GC

CITATION, please.

I've seen it on the news over the last few years, so I can't give you anything other that that, sorry.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Re the thread's title: Yes please.

Now let me read the thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88835 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Paul's "persecution" of the early Christians? Jehanne 134 14830 February 22, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Persecution Complex vulcanlogician 55 12872 January 3, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Joods
  At least it's not little boys for once Cyberman 14 4721 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5673 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A Little Wine From Corinth: A Short Dialogue by Yours Truly Mudhammam 2 910 April 9, 2017 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6013 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3828 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christian Persecution Shining_Finger 75 13541 November 14, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Top Ten Persecution Stories of 2014 Foxaèr 7 2877 January 11, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand