Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Persecution
Christian Persecution
Question to Christians, what exactly do you think is Christian Persecution and how isn't there an equivalent version of it produced by Christians towards other religions?
RE: Christian Persecution
It's really oppressive how some people don't think the way I do! :c
[Image: christianpersecution.jpg]

[Image: religion-505x320-672x298.jpg]
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

So no Christians have replied.
So we can assume that either Christians are not oppressed, are extremely oppressive or a mixture of both, given how much Christians whine about Persecution?
If any Christians want to refute that, go ahead.
Just don't be afraid to be pointed to oppression your religion does.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
I'm in favor of it. Why is there no poll where I can note my position?

Christian Oppression is when Christians aren't allowed to force their religion on other people. They just want to be able to make laws based on their 2000 year old book that affect other people's lives, they want to be able to deny people rights based on that same book, and they want to parade their religion around by putting up monuments to ten of their rules.

Now it might sound like Christian Oppression is Christians oppressing other people. Which it is, but it's also totally them being oppressed. I mean there's people in this country who don't even believe in god! Can you imagine?
Claims of persecution are about the only thing they can do now. It's not like they can just round up the undesirables and kill them like they used to, though there are some who wish they could. They can't win in proper debates, and not for lack of trying. We've had to drag them, kicking and screaming, into the modern world fpr so long. We jst have to keep educating the youth, and let the elderly living in the past die off so we can move into the future.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 31, 2015 at 12:29 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: Question to Christians, what exactly do you think is Christian Persecution and how isn't there an equivalent version of it produced by Christians towards other religions?

You really expect a reply?

You got at least one by the late and unlamented Randy Carson, who presented an opinion piece where some dork rambled about the radical left running the USA. So, in the eyes of christian radicals, settling for less than a christian Saudi Arabia or Iran, is christian persecution.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: cfe689d5a763d87cdfceba01e1d04dea.jpg]
I am persecuted because I can't make other people obey my perceived religious laws. Wahhhh!
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87866 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Paul's "persecution" of the early Christians? Jehanne 134 14711 February 22, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Persecution Complex vulcanlogician 55 12822 January 3, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Joods
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5655 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3817 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  A Little Christian Persecution Jenny A 44 11185 August 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  Top Ten Persecution Stories of 2014 Foxaèr 7 2840 January 11, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7346 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Indian Myth buster can't go back to india because of catholic persecution. downbeatplumb 11 4107 June 3, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Never compromise! / Christian persecution! RobbyPants 46 9878 June 3, 2014 at 5:44 am
Last Post: Tonus