Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No it's not just hair!
No it's not just hair!
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it needs moving mods let me know!

http://youtu.be/BKu7_0vUeSQ

So this is kinda starting to get on my nerves. If I hear one more person say "But black women straighten their hair! No difference!" I'm gonna snap. It's like people are being deliberately ignorant or something. Yes, you most certainly can do as please with your own hair. No I'm no going to, nor do I really want to stop you. However you sir or Madame are still profiting of natural black beauty ideas by usurping hairstyle black women have used to keep our hair healthy for thousands of years. Meanwhile in order to survive in a modern era we are coerced into using caustic chemical on ourselves. And there are no laws to prevent mothers from doing the same to their daughters.

http://youtu.be/TSoiHTRS0lo

http://youtu.be/D0DgVijM7Z8
RE: No it's not just hair!
I'm confused.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
How is this news or current affairs?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Waaait hold up..."usurp"? Are you really that mad that white girls wanna 'fro their hair? How does someone "usurp" a hair style, exactly? What's wrong with people styling their hair how they want?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
I think it is just hair.

https://youtu.be/7dyl0j3WU6Y

https://youtu.be/Okq8xHrIZ8I
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
^white women

I kinda get it, you have black women who have consistently been told "your hair is ugly" and they have to straighten it to be seen as professional and approachable. From that point of view, I understand why it's frustrating having white people being seen as "quirky and cool" when they do a black hairstyle, when it's "ew gross" on a black person.

Having said that, I'm really not a fan of taking peoples' bodily autonomy away from them, and I think this is a situation that needs awareness rather than censorship. I don't think you can and should be able to stop these people from "usurping hairstyles", but I think if they're going to do it they should at least be aware of the context of the style they're doing.

Just my thoughts on it
[Image: gret84.gif]
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(August 5, 2015 at 5:35 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: ^white women

I kinda get it, you have black women who have consistently been told "your hair is ugly" and they have to straighten it to be seen as professional and approachable. From that point of view, I understand why it's frustrating having white people being seen as "quirky and cool" when they do a black hairstyle, when it's "ew gross" on a black person.

Having said that, I'm really not a fan of taking peoples' bodily autonomy away from them, and I think this is a situation that needs awareness rather than censorship. I don't think you can and should be able to stop these people from "usurping hairstyles", but I think if they're going to do it they should at least be aware of the context of the style they're doing.

Just my thoughts on it
[Image: gret84.gif]
Like I said, I am not interested in stopping white women from doing as they please with their own bodies. That would be hypocritical. I'm just saying it seems like people never stop to think about what they say or do before they see something that's a part of a marginalized group and make off with it like a magpie. And if you try to explain to that person why you take issue with it, they throw a tantrum because *gasp* they aren't welcome to water down pieces of other people for "mainstreaming".
There's no such thing as "healthy hair" - only the hair follicle itself is alive (the part which is embedded in the part of your skin that's alive), the rest of the strand is dead.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Whoaa! I thought this post wast going to be about her love of Donald Trump's hair! I guess it's close.

Personally I think BQ's being a bit racist here. It's ok for a black girl to have a particular hairstyle that a white girl gets questioned about?

I think it stems from BQ's feelings of being in a club that sees outsiders as insincere interactors that copy the club's uniform.

As a white man, i don't feel that way about the black ladies that happen to pick popular hairstyles of white women because I'm not in a club or "Brotherhood" among other whites. I would never have such a feeling that my race "owns' a particular hairstyle.  I would go as far as to say Donald Trump's hair is alien to the human race though..

[Image: 30m0391.jpg]
The club's not all that exclusive you know..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
People are constantly unhappy with their natural hair. My girlfriend has straight hair and she wants curly, people with curly want straight. I'm happy with my hair. I can understand why it feels awkward for a white person to wear black hairstyles, kinda like when whites wear Indian hats just for fun.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb As A Bag of Cunt Hair Minimalist 22 2415 October 28, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2426 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Happily Dumb As A Bag Of Cunt Hair Minimalist 29 6685 July 17, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Are we really this petty, it's only hair! brewer 42 5799 April 10, 2016 at 7:43 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1588 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Blaspemy laws not just in the big three. Brian37 16 1980 January 12, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Brian37