Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher IQ's
Higher IQ's
Does it worry any theists that atheists have higher IQ's? I know this does not mean that religious people are dumber than atheists, but it does point to a correlation between intelligence and religiosity that needs to be discussed.

If I was believed in god and was faced with this fact, I would seriously question whether or not the smarter people know better when it comes to a god's existence. I didn't want to raise any assumptions, I just wanted to here what the resident theists had to say.
RE: Higher IQ's
Ooh, you did not just go there Tongue

I had my IQ tested when I was a wee nipper, it's probably had a decimal point put into it since then.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Theists think they are smart. They "think" that.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 5, 2015 at 2:55 am)Kitan Wrote: Theists think they are smart. They "think" that.

No, they know it. Just like they know God is real.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Universalists and reform jews are smarter than atheists according to wikipedia
I'm around the 140 range with my IQ. I'm average.
~ Erin Hunter
(August 5, 2015 at 3:03 am)noahide Wrote: Universalists and reform jews are smarter than atheists according to wikipedia
Well, if any universalists or reform jews come on here, I will be quick to apologize.
Is that really so?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Universalists are probably pretty smart for the three years or so they spend there, but they probably forget a lot of it in later years.

There's a difference between being smart and being the guy balanced on the fence ready to dive into the neighbour's garden.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's not the difference, Rob.

Smart people automatically have problems to compensate for being smart.

It's strange, really.

Studies show that prodigies are brilliant, high IQs, but that nature afflicted them with some other problem, usually a social one.

Smart people are equally afflicted, but to a lesser degree.

I consider myself among the smart range.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  possible origins of islam (higher criticism scholars/ history nuts welcome) Psychonaut 18 5476 August 6, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Higher Education & Religion Surgenator 23 4827 October 20, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Why is belief in a higher power required? Foxaèr 165 59224 June 30, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Divorce rate higher in Bible Belt Faith No More 18 4744 August 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger