Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak atheist/deist here, hello!
Weak atheist/deist here, hello!
Hi I'm Vixene, 20 years old and apparently a weak atheist/deist. I don't believe in a God, but think there is a slight possibility that a higher being exists, who is not involved whatsoever with whatever we do. Been this way for about 4 years but still pretending to be a Christian at home until I move out completely.

I'm also a medical student from the UK! Don't know if this is an AMA or just a thread informing you of my existence. Take it as you please.
RE: Weak atheist/deist here, hello!
Welcome Vixene! Saw some of your other posts. Hope you tolerated your first dip into the pool and keep coming around.

Enjoy school. Undergrad and grad school was one of the best times in my life.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome vixene Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 8, 2015 at 4:21 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome Vixene! Saw some of your other posts. Hope you tolerated your first dip into the pool and keep coming around.

Enjoy school. Undergrad and grad school was one of the best times in my life.

Thank you! Some users are a bit obsessed with debating even when asked simple questions but the rest are all nice and welcoming [emoji5]

Yeah I'm enjoying uni so far, only done 1 out of 5 total years so definitely looking forward to it Smile
Hi Vix! Hi welcome to AF! I'm Vic

Sounds like a weak atheist to me. But deists are just as welcome here.

Here, have some welcome waffles c:
[Image: Buttermilk-Waffles.jpg]

Enjoy! c:
(August 8, 2015 at 4:21 pm)Exian Wrote: Welcome vixene Smile
Thanks!
Welcome, Vixene! You can cut on me anytime. Well, at least once you've interned for a little while and as long as you accept evolution. I've always thought physicians who reject evolution are like auto mechanics who don't believe in spark plugs.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Hello Vixene Smile
Hello and welcome!

I thought you looked awfully well preserved for a 45 year old.  20 seems more right for your picture.  (On your profile page, it says you were born in 1970.)  Though I have seen great looking 40-somethings, I was going to ask you for your secret to your youthful appearance, but I see now that your secret is that you are still young.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(August 8, 2015 at 4:30 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Welcome, Vixene! You can cut on me anytime. Well, at least once you've interned for a little while and as long as you accept evolution. I've always thought physicians who reject evolution are like auto mechanics who don't believe in spark plugs.

Well I technically can't cut on you until 15 years if I become a surgeon or until you're dead when you'd be a cadaver so nah I don't think so [emoji18]

(August 8, 2015 at 4:34 pm)pool Wrote: Hello Vixene Smile
Hey! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1607 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1630 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2191 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1775 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1544 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello and Good Night Atheist forums! Violet 22 3124 May 3, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hello Christian here! Posting4Jesus24 19 2330 March 25, 2020 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5283 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello, New atheist having a meltdown Dragonfly 58 7078 October 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Hello - I am a New Member Here CDF47 23 3873 May 21, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Jehanne