Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels
Angels
If God is omnipresent and omnipotent why does he have angels do anything at all? I mean what's the point?
RE: Angels
Any decent leader knows the importance of delegation, amirite?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Since God has evil angels to do his dirty work is there any difference between those evil angels and demons? And since God seems to get ticked off at demons it seems that the claim is that the evil things done by God's evil angels is somehow better than the same evil things done by demons. Shouldn't all evil be considered evil?
Stop using that pesky logic. The J-man doesn't roll that way. NOW SEND ME CASH
(August 13, 2015 at 4:50 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: If God is omnipresent and omnipotent  why does he have angels do anything at all? I mean what's the point?

There obviously isn't a point to angels.  It is just that the story is a bunch of gibberish that has been cobbled together over the years.  The angels were part of the story before God became maximized (omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, etc.).  With a being that is omnipotent, every action is effortless.  So such a being requires no help from any one or any thing.

You may as well complain that having angels means that the religion is really polytheistic instead of monotheistic.  If we compare with the ancient Greek gods, for example, they more resemble angels than an omnimax god.  There are very few "monotheists" who really are monotheists.  They just pretend that they are monotheists.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
All the other Gods get to have minions.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 13, 2015 at 5:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: All the other Gods get to have minions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(August 13, 2015 at 4:50 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: If God is omnipresent and omnipotent  why does he have angels do anything at all? I mean what's the point?

I had a believer try to explain it was his way of giving everyone a little unseen helper...which also makes no sense if your all powerful.
Just more silly fluff.

Now Angel Pasta, that is very real. RAmen.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

He needs someone to stroke his ego. He created angels, some of which exist solely to constantly praise him. He also created Humans to serve him. What's the point of being the alpha dog, if there's no pack?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 13, 2015 at 6:39 pm)Chad32 Wrote:

He needs someone to stroke his ego. He created angels, some of which exist solely to constantly praise him. He also created Humans to serve him. What's the point of being the alpha dog, if there's no pack?
but if god didn't make a pack there wouldn't be a need to dominate. This is hurting my brain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biblical Angels Are Silly Looking Nope 15 3221 May 19, 2015 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Guardian angels are real, says Pope Cyberman 61 13496 October 10, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Angels BrokenQuill92 22 4698 January 31, 2014 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What type of atoms are angels made of? Brakeman 2 1319 October 17, 2013 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Why can't science detect angels and demons? Brakeman 151 40904 March 3, 2013 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Priest wants church painting removed because "angels look gay". Ziploc Surprise 40 17160 January 26, 2012 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet