Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblical Angels Are Silly Looking
Biblical Angels Are Silly Looking
Most people imagine angels to be beautiful beings with lovely wings. The bible describes angels differently. I don't understand why the existence of angels is more believable than Tolkien elves. 

[/url]
Quote:1In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.3And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."…

So, god, wearing a lovely, extraordinarily long robe, sits on a throne with angels above him. The angels have six wings, two cover their face and two wings cover their feet. Why their feet? They fly around, somehow the wings covering their faces don't blind them, and shout out that god is holy.  God is supposed to be all powerful. If angelic eyes and feet upset him so much, why not create the angels without eyes and feet? Perhaps they could have used echolocation to get around and scooted on their butts when they landed. 

Genesis  3

Quote:23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

Why does an angel need a flaming sword? Can't god just make the garden impossible to find? Considering that god knew what kind of weapons the future would bring, he could have just given his angel a  flame thrower or nuclear bomb.

Ezekiel 1

Quote:[url=http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/1-5.htm]5and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.
 Ezekiel must have been taking some strong stuff.  He writes the angels were formed like humans but I don't see humans with four faces when I go for my daily walk. These angels have four wings, with bronze feet like a calf's.  They have human hands and four wings. One face is a lion, one an ox, one an eagle and one a human. I am curious why the lion's face doesn't eat the ox's face.

This is from Revelation chapter four. I am not certain if these are angels or just god's pets but they are strange.

Quote:And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LordGod Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

Four beasts, with eyes all over them. One is a lion, the second a calf, the third has a man's face and the fourth flies around like an eagle. They have six wings and the wings have eyes. All day long these things just tell god how great he is. Why? What is their point of existing? No wonder Satan rebelled, that sounds boring.

I understand that some people have a need to believe in a deity or deities but can't they invent something a little less ludicrous? People have killed and died for this religion even though the above description is crazy.
RE: Biblical Angels Are Silly Looking
But JESUS !!!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Holy shit somebody was tripping hard
(May 18, 2015 at 9:50 am)Nope Wrote: The angels have six wings, two cover their face and two wings cover their feet. Why their feet?

Angels = Hobbits ???
(May 18, 2015 at 9:54 am)vorlon13 Wrote: But JESUS !!!!!

That solves everything!!!!! Why didn't I think of that?
[Image: seraphim_zps5c84e72e.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 18, 2015 at 9:56 am)Cato Wrote:
(May 18, 2015 at 9:50 am)Nope Wrote: The angels have six wings, two cover their face and two wings cover their feet. Why their feet?

Angels = Hobbits ???

Perhaps they spend so much time flying around that they don't have time to wash their feet? The odor must be horrible.
(May 18, 2015 at 9:56 am)Cato Wrote:

Angels = Hobbits ???

I wouldn't be surprised back then people weren't very tall everyone would be around 3 - 4 feet tall., so yeah everyone would look like hobbits.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
back in my christian days, a few things bothered me (ok a lot of things) but this was at the top of my list.
Given earlier descriptions of angels, it's a wonder why anyone in Sodom would want to "know them" all that much. I'm trying to think about a humanoid with his face and feet covered, and his genitals dangling out in the open.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1469 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10747 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Silly church people Foxaèr 35 4524 March 27, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2261 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22480 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  lying angel - silly ol' Gabriel - just musings drfuzzy 13 2002 December 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Banned
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14642 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1079 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5237 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4818 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy