Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a hitchhiking hippy....
Ask a hitchhiking hippy....
Actually I'm not really a hippy, I don't have long hair and I wear deoderant and don't worship the moon goddess. However I have done some epic hitchhiking/adventuring trips and I live an alternative lifestyle that involves me only working somewhere between 6-12 weeks a year. In 2009 I broke out of the normal routine of work/school/whatever to go on the road, like a modern Jack Keroac character (except not a douchebag). In 2010 I hitched 2000 miles, from Mexico to New Orleans to Moab, Utah. In 2012/2013 I hitchhiked (with a friend) from Las Vegas to Argentina, around 10,000 miles. Then I went back to Peru by myself adding another 3000 miles. Just a few months ago I finished another exploration of Australia, some of which I filmed:

I'm a very modest person and also one of the greatest modern adventurers to live.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Ask a hitchhiking hippy....
What's the craziest thing you've ever seen on your travels?
(August 14, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Napoléon Wrote: What's the craziest thing you've ever seen on your travels?

Well it's pretty hard to come up with just one. On the south America trip we got picked up by some Americans who were driving this ramshackle RV down to Panama and back for no apparent reason (It was a mother and son, and the mother who was almost 60 was recently divorced) Anyway, she ended up confusing our white gas for water, trying to cook with it, threw it out of the RV window when it started to burn and hit her son, lighting his hair on fire. Eventually they were a little too stressful to travel with and we ditched them in El Salvador.

Also in Columbia on that same trip we got picked up by a moving truck and ended up getting trapped between dozens of mudslides, we ditched the truck and decided to walk around the mudslides into a nearby town. I got stuck in one and started sinking like quick sand and had to be rescued by my traveling partner. When we got to town we discovered there were just more mudslides. So we holed up in the town for a couple of days, where we were the only Gringos who had ever traveled there. A super hot columbian girl drove by and randomly gave up a bag full of joints for no reason. We called her the weed fairy.

Once in the US (In Nevada) I got picked up by someone with some serious warrants out on him  (For 'habitual criminal shit') and the cops started chasing us, he ditched the cops and I jumped out of the car as soon as he slowed down. Actually the police never even came down the road he went and I just continued my journey.
(August 14, 2015 at 7:52 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: he ditched the cops and I jumped out of the car as soon as he slowed down. Actually the police never even came down the road he went and I just continued my journey.

So wait, technically, you're a fugitive? Wink

Cool stories tho bro. I'd have loved to have seen that woman light her son's hair on fire.
How about best and worst time thumbing it (other than craziest)?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What have you got against the Moon Goddess?

[Image: thong190.jpg]
You ever play spin the bottle with Bigfoot or get an anal probe from alien abductors?
Good vids.
I've been that whole route that you took.
Probably a wiser choice for hitch hiking even if it's not as busy.
I live in Toowoomba and Brisbane is the big city for me and yes it can be hot there, round about 40 degrees.
Bit nicer for me up in the mountains. :-)
Have you ever been picked up by a serial killer....Or someone who looked like one?
(August 14, 2015 at 10:15 pm)Little lunch Wrote: Good vids.
I've been that whole route that you took.
Probably a wiser choice for hitch hiking even if it's not as busy.
I live in Toowoomba and Brisbane is the big city for me and yes it can be hot there, round about 40 degrees.
Bit nicer for me up in the mountains. :-)

Oh cool, I spent a full month in Blackheath. What a rad area to live in.